Chapter 43

Layla's Pov:

Trayce and I arrived at Nobu in Malibu at our first date night without Elle. My parents are watching Elle for the night and she insisted that Elle could stay the night so we wouldn't pick her up too late while she would be asleep. Trayce and I both agreed on that because we needed a night like this. Elle is the biggest blessing to us, but like most new parents, it's easy to forget how to take time for ourselves and it doesn't make us any less of good parents. It's natural to need time without any kids.

"Thompson for two." said the voice of the male waiter that snapped me from my thinking.

Tracye stood up and grabbed my hand and continued to walk in the direction of the wiater.

"Thank you." I said as the waiter pull my chair back allowing me to sit down. I noticed the look Trayce made when the waiter did that and I couldn't help but laugh at his jealousy.

"Did he just steal my job as you man? Wow, I'm hurt." he said as he placed his hand on his chest as if his feelings were hurt.

"Nobody can ever take your place my love." I responded earning my favorite smile.

We were halfway through our meal when both of our phones decided to ring like crazy.

"Who's calling you? My mom is calling. Please lord let Elle be okay." I said with stress hitting me instantly.

"It's Kyle...."

"Kyle, Corey's brother?" I asked completely confused now.

(Layla's phone call)

M= Mama

L= Layla

L: Mom, what's going on. Please tell me Elle is okay.

M: It's Corey. I can't get ahold of your sister.

L: What's wrong, what happened?

M: His plane. They lost signal on his plane and they haven't heard anything from the pilots. Jody called me and said she called Lani, and she didn't sound so good. I have no idea where your sister is at and I'm worried. Do you know where she is?

L: Wait what do you mean they lost signal? I don't know where she's at, she didn't tell me.

M: Layla, please be calm... They believe his plane crashed. Jody shouldn't have told Lani unless she was with someone.

L: oh my gosh. *begins to cry*

M: Layla, hold it together please. I need you to try and find your sister. Your brother is driving to your guys' house and he will meet you there. Please don't fly out or try going anywhere until you find her.

L: I should've asked where she was going. How am I going to find her.

M: Don't worry, you'll find her. Please call me when you do, your dad and I are flying out to Jody and we will take Elle. Call me if anything.

My mom then hung up and I was in complete shock. I looked up from my phone and Trayce had the same look I had.

"Is he okay? Corey, is he okay?" I said raising my voice for an answer.

"I don't know. They don't know where his plane is. We need to find Lani." he responded and began to take out his wallet and threw down money on the table.

We both got up and immediately ran out to the Valet parking where we had left the car. They quickly brought the car as they seen how quick we wanted to leave. We got in the car and I pulled out my phone. My phone was hit with all kinds of messages from the group chat of all the guys and wives.