Chapter 3: Injured

"There's an injured cat at the gathering place!" Flamekit said. "What's the problem?" Sootpurr asks him. "Her leg is REALLY cut up. I think it's infected!" Flamekit says, clearly panicked. "Hold on." Sootpurr says, grabbing some herbs. "Take me to her."

Flamekit guides Sootpurr to the gathering place. "I'm in real trouble, arn't I?" He asked, ashamed. "Yep." Sootpurr replied forwardly. "I'm sorry." Flamekit said. "Just don't ever sneak out of camp again, you hear me?" Sootpurr demanded. "I won't..." Flamekit says, wanting to get this over with.

They finally reach the gathering place, where Hollyspring has crawled over to the log. "Help..." She said weakly. "Damn, that's bad. Hey Flamekit, help me get these horsetails on that wound. Also, refresh the cobwebs." Sootpurr states. "Sure!" Flamekit replaces the cobwebs and picks up the horsetail before stopping. "Er... what am I supposed to do with these?" He asks. "Chew it up, then place the poultice on the wound. "Okay." Flamekit starts chewing on the Horsetail. He finds it gross, but feels complaining isn't going to help. Meanwhile, Sootpurr starts inspecting the wound. "It looks like a minor infection. It'll be fine." He then looked at more of the leg. "Damn, nevermind. It won't kill you, but it could ruin that leg. I'll go get some more herbs. Stay here." He says, running off.

Three hours pass, and Sootpurr has yet to return. "Well... maybe we should get you back to camp." Flamekit finally says. "Yeah... Let's go back." Hollyspring replies. "Here, I'll help. I don't think you should put pressure on that leg." Flamekit says, holding her up as they exit the cave. "So, where is WindClan?" He asked. "Um... it should be that way." She said, pointing her tail down the river. "Well, let's go then. You can lean on me if it helps." Flamekit offered. "Thanks." Hollyspring purred, leaning on him as they walked down the river.

They eventually get to the WindClan camp, where Hollyspring lays down in the medicine cat's den. "She's not here!" She yowled. "Well, we need to wait then.  Is there anything we could do in the meantime?" Flamekit asks. "Well, I know a little about herbs, but not much. I can use some horsetail, cobwebs, and marigold." She says. "On it." Flamekit goes into the medicine den, only to find they are out of horsetail. "Well, might as well get the others." He says, grabbing the marigold and cobwebs. He walks back over to Hollyspring. "They're out of horsetail, but I got the others." He says. "Okay. Chew up the marigold and place it on my leg, then replace the cobwebs. There should be horsetail right outside of camp." Hollyspring said. "Okay." Flamekit did as he was told, then went outside of camp to get the horsetail. He went back, chewed it up, then put it on the wound. "There we go." He said. "Thanks. You're a lifesaver." Hollyspring purred. "Okay, we'll stay here overnight, then we'll take you back to your camp." "Okay." Flamekit says, falling asleep in her nest.

When they wake up, they head out and return to RiverClan camp. "I need to ask, is there something you want in the camp?" Flamekit asks. "No... actually yeah. I want to talk to your leader." Hollyspring replies. Suddenly, Pebblestar calls a clan meeting. The cats gather, and she makes Flamekit into an apprentice. Then they all leave. "No questions? Huh..." He says, confused as to what just happened. "So, um-" Flamepaw starts, looking into Pebblestar's den. "Oh, she asleep." He jumps down. "Well, she's asleep right now." He says. Hollyspring flicked her tail. "Well, I can wait. And congrats!" She purred. "Thanks!" Flamepaw purred in response. "So, um... w-want to st-stay in m-my d-den until P-Pebblestar wakes u-up?" He says, blushing for the first time and shifting his paws. "Sure!" She responded.