Chapter 30: Torturing Flamestrike

Flamestrike padded out of his den the next day and walked over to Appletail and Podzolfur. "Hey guys." He purred, sitting down next to them. "Hey." Appletail said. "So, anyway-" Podzolfur started before Blackclaw appeared. "Hello. I have to ask a question for Flamestrike. It's not private, so don't worry about needing to leave." She smirked. "Is it important? Because I was in the middle of a joke." Podzolfur asked. "It can wait. It's nothing actually serious." Blackclaw said. "So, anyway, the third guy, seeing the other two turn into birds, decides to try it himself. He backs up to run off the cliff, but just as he's about to jump, he trips and falls off. In reaction, he said 'Oh, shit!' Guess what he turned into?" Podzolfur and Appletail burst out in laughter. "Basically, it was based on there being a cliff that if you jumped off and said what you wanted to be, you would turn into it." Podzolfur told Flamestrike, causing him and Blackclaw to laugh.

"So, what's the question?" Flamestrike asked, causing Blackclaw to smirk. "So, Flamestrike, did you enjoy your... date?" She said, raising her eyebrows up and down. "W-what?" Flamestrike blinked, blushing. "H-how did y-you-wait, YOU S-SAW!?!?" Flamestrike grew wide-eyed. "Yep. I was in a nearby tree. I have to say, with how long you were at it, I'm surprised Cinder didn't get pregnant." Blackclaw smirked. "Oh... this is gonna be good..." Podzolfur laughed, sitting down and watching the two. "I-er... Y-YOU STAYED!?!?!?" Flamestrike was blushing wildly and looking around nervously. "Well, it was hot. You have quite the thrusting power, by the way." Blackclaw smirked. "I-ga-um-er-I-wha-S-S-SHUT UP!!!" Flamestrike yelled, blushing like crazy.

Blackclaw smirked even more. "You should have seen your face. You looked like you were having the time of your life. I wouldn't be surprised either, what with all that mo-" "GO BURN IN HELL!!! Erm... I-I'll be back." Flamestrike said, running off. Blackclaw blinked. "Did I go too far?" She asked. "Nah, I think he reacted in more than one way, with him thinking about the 'date' and all..." Podzolfur said, laughing. Blackclaw laughed. "He's just giving me more material to use against him." She paused. "Podzol, Appletail, if it looks like I'm advancing on Flamestrike, I'm not. I'm just trying to torture him as much as possible without crossing the line." "Ok. I was starting to get worried there." Appletail said. "Cinderfeather is gonna murder a bitch if she catches you advancing on Flamestrike." She laughed.

After a while, Flamestrike came back. "Blackclaw, I really hate you right now." He growled, blushing. She simply laughed. "I know." She suddenly brushed up against him, giving him a seductive look. Flamestrike jumped back. "NO!!! NO!!! NO, TOO FAR!!!" Flamestrike said, blushing. She fell down, laughing. "I wasn't actually going to advance on you!" "O-oh..." Flamestrike said, blushing. She walked over. "Though I do have to thank you for such a good show somehow..." Flamestrike was backing up, wide-eyed. "C-Can we please change the subject?" "Aww... you don't want to know what I was doing in that tree?" She smirked. At this point, Podzolfur stepped in. "Ok, let's not force him back into the bush." "TOO LATE!!!" Flamestrike called, already running off. "Ok, I'm running out of things to say now." Blackclaw said, before sighing. "I'm going to visit Gravelsong again." Blackclaw walked out of camp. 

Flamestrike was on his way back to camp when he saw Blackclaw at Gravelsong's grave, crying. "Blackclaw?" He said, walking over. "You okay?" "Yeah..." Blackclaw said. Flamestrike sighed. "What path do you think I'm on? StarClan or the Dark Forest?" He asked the question that had been bugging him ever since the run-in with Applestar. "StarClan, definitely." She responded. "Even with the whole incident with Applestar?" He asked. "That was an accident, Flame. They know the difference between intentional and mistake. If only they recognized regret, too..." Blackclaw trailed off, thinking. "Well... I'm going back to camp." Flamestrike said. Blackclaw sighed. "We might as well." And the two walked back to Appletail and Podzolfur in camp.