Chapter 32: Return

A moon had passed since Flamestrike lost Cinderfeather. Despite his thoughts, he was finding life harder to live without Cinderfeather. After a couple few days of debating to himself, Flamestrike finally decided. He was going to leave RiverClan. He started looking for Blazepelt and Foxheart, his son and daughter. Unfortunately, Leafpaw drowned in the river and Stonekit died in a greencough epidemic, both a long time ago. He eventually found her near the pile of rocks. "Blazepelt, can we talk?" He asked her. "Sure." She said. "Um... how do I say this... I-I'm leaving RiverClan." Flamestrike said. "What!? You too?" She asked, her eyes wide. "I'm sorry, but I'm worried about Cinderfeather and I'm starting to realize I actually can't live without her." Flamestrike said. "What about us!?" She growled.

"Well, if you want, you can come with me." Flamestrike said. "No thanks, I'm not going to betray my clan!" By now, a crowd was starting to form near them. "No, no, I'm going to move Cinder and I near the border to try and help the clan as much as possible." He said. "What's going on?" Appletail asked from the small crowd. "Well, fine! Just leave me if you want!" Blazepelt hissed, sneaking away. "I'm leaving RiverClan." Flamestrike told Appletail. "Wait, what?" Podzol walked over. Damn it. "You know what? I'll just announce it now. I WAS trying to keep it a private thing for now, but since I have a bit of an audience, I might as well." He raised his voice so everyone can hear. "I'm leaving RiverClan." He announced.

"Really? Just as I come back? Flamestrike, are you trying to avoid me?" A voice called from the log. The crowd, including Flamestrike, looked over to the voice. It was none other than Cinderfeather! "Cinder!!" Flamestrike ran over and nuzzled her, the crowd cheering her return. "Is this real? Am I hallucinating?" Flamestrike asked. "It's real." Cinderfeather said, nuzzling Flamestrike back. "Hey Blazepelt, Foxheart, guess who's back!?" Flamestrike called. The two named cats ran over and tackled Cinderfeather. "Mom, you're back!" Blazepelt purred. "Ok, ok, shows over, Cinderfeather's back, I'm not leaving, go back to what you were doing." Flamestrike told the crowd, hoping to not be disturbed. Especially since Foxheart is being nice for once. "Ok, kids, can I get up now?" Cinderfeather purred, and Foxheart and Blazepelt got off her.

Cinderfeather purred. "Maybe I should leave more often. It seems to make Foxheart actually nice." "Oh come on, don't play with my feelings like that! Only Littleleaf can do that, assuming 'feelings' is being used as slang for some-" "Foxheart, not now." Cinderfeather interrupted. "Fine. I'll just get Littleleaf to play with my 'fee-" "Foxheart." Flamestrike warned. Foxheart sighed and walked away. "So, what do you two want to d-" "Flamestrike, it's time to wake up." Blackclaw interrupted. Flamestrike blinked his eyes but didn't wake up. He turned to face Blackclaw, suprised when he saw her rolling on the ground laughing. "You fell for it!!" She laughed. "I don't remember summoning you. Go back to hell, from whence you came." Flamestrike joked.

"I'm happy to have you back. No more leaving us, okay?" Flamestrike purred. "Alright. You should know, though, I mated with another cat while I was gone." She purred. Flamestrike blinked. "Cinder... what?" Flamestrike said, shocked. "Yep! He's named Gullible and is on the log." Flamestrike looked over. "I don't see-OH, COME ON!!!" He laughed, realizing he just fell for Cinderfeather's joke. Cinderfeather laughed. "I didn't actually mate with anyone, don't worry." "Blackclaw, on your way back to whence you came, can you take Cinderfeather, too?" Flamestrike laughed. "I can't, you already did that." She smirked. Flamestrike realized what she was referring to. "Blackclaw, I am SO going to kill you." Flamestrike laughed, before returning to nuzzling Cinderfeather, happy to finally have her back.