Chapter 6: Wires

Shortly after the battle against Opal, Flamepaw received his warrior name, Flamestrike. "Strikeflame! Strikeflame!" Newtgorse called at the ceremony. Of course he would. Flamestrike thought, annoyed. A moon later, Flamestrike was on patrol near the border, when he scented a rouge nearby. "Who's there?" He challenged, claws unsheathed. The rouge popped out of a nearby bush. "Hello." She said.

"Who are you and why are you in RiverClan territory?" Flamestrike challenged. "Hunting. I'm Wires. Remember me?" She asked, as if talking in a normal conversation. "Barely. You shouldn't be hunting here." He warned. "And if I don't leave?" She asked. "I'll have to force you out." He said, keeping his claws unsheathed to drive the point across. "Oh? I'll have you know that I've killed three RiverClan cats before, and am friendly with Ashen-you might know her as Opal-so I wouldn't recommend attacking me."

"That does it!" Flamestrike yowls, charging into Wires and clawing her face. Wires dodges and attacks Flamestrike's side, but Flamestrike also dodges and claws Wires' side as she pulls back. Wires hisses in pain before clawing Flamestrike's face. Flamestrike attacks at the same time and their claws lock. "I didn't realize you liked me." Flamestrike smirks. Wires quickly pulls her paw away and claws at Flamestrike's face, but Flamestrike dodges. Flamestrike attacks and gets her side again, but Wires gets his face as he hits Wires. Hissing in pain, Flamestrike decides to try a different strategy. Flamestrike starts running around Wires, quickly moving in range to attack Wires before pulling out of her range to avoid being hit himself.

Wires takes several hits before she finally figures out Flamestrike's pattern and claws Flamestrike's side, forcing him to stop using his strategy. Flamestrike gets up, being clawed in the face in the process. He retaliates by clawing Wires in her side, causing her to back up and hiss in pain. Flamestrike bowls her over and pins her down. "I'm giving you one last warning. Run bef-" Flamestrike starts to say before being clawed in the belly by Wires' hind legs. He quickly jumps off and claws Wires face. Wires stumbles back, exhausted. She takes her prey and runs off, back across the border. 

Flamestrike collapses where he is, also exhausted. He lays there for a while before getting up and limping back into camp.