Chapter 27: Running Away

A few days have passed since the kits were rescued. Flamestrike saw Cinderfeather near the pond, clearly upset. "Cinder, are you okay? What's wrong?" Flamestrike asked, walking over to her. "Nothing." Cinderfeather said. "Are you sure. You know you can tell me anything. Flamestrike purred, and moved in to nuzzle her, but remembered they weren't mates anymore. If only we were... Flamestike sighed as Podzol and Appletail walked over, and Blackclaw appeared. "Hi guys! Mates again?" Appletail asked. "Guys, don't. Cinder is-" "Just go away!" Cinderfeather snapped, running out of camp. Flamestrike blinked. "Should I go after her?" Flamestrike asked. "I would." Podzolfur said. "Well, see you guys later." Flamestrike said, chasing Cinderfeather out of camp.

It started to rain, causing Flamestrike to lose Cinderfeather's trail. "Shit... Cinder?" He called, trying to find her in the rain. He started to wander around the territory. "Cinder, where are you?" He called repeatedly. Eventually, he found her in a small cave under a tree. "Cinder!" He said, going into the cave. "You alright?" He asked her. She sighed. "Just... I don't want to talk abo-" "There you are!" Appletail, Blackclaw, and Podzolfur suddenly arrived. Cinderfeather hissed and ran off again. Flamestrike growled. "Don't follow me." He then ran off, chasing Cinderfeather.