Chapter 25: Opposite Sides

"Blackclaw, where are you?" Flamestrike called, looking for her. Blackclaw appeared in front of him. "I'm Dark Forest now, remember?" She said. "Why do you think I was just standing here and not moving?" Flamestrike asked. "...Good point. Anyway, what is it?" Blackclaw purred. "Is it true you attacked a kit?" Flamestrike asked.

Blackclaw sighed. "Yes..." "Blackclaw, why? You're better then that!" Flamestrike said. "I know..." She paused. "Remember when I said that I wasn't being corrupted?" She asked. "Let me guess. You're being corrupted." Flamestrike said. "Yep." She responded. "Is there a way to fight this? Get you uncorrupted?" Flamestrike asked. "Nope... there's nothing we can do." She said, sadly. "Oh, come on, there HAS to be a way!" He pleaded. "I'm afraid not... I'm sorry, Flame." Blackclaw said.

"Damn it, we're going to get you out of there one way or another! I already lost you once, I don't want to again!" Flamestrike said, on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry... you're... you're not safe with me anymore, Flamestrike... I'm sorry, but this is goodbye..." Blackclaw said, starting to fade away back into the Dark Forest. "Wait, don't!" Flamestrike said through tears. "Blackclaw, don't! We might have a way to fix this!" A voice said from a nearby bush. The cat who walked out was none other than Circuit.