Chapter 26: The Kits

Flamestrike blinked. "Circuit, you died?" "Yeah... I found out the hard way that gravity is very fucking strong." "You fell off a cliff, I guess?" Flamestrike asked. "Like I said. Gravity's very fucking strong." He said. "Anyway, I saw some kits back there. They're in a bush, hiding from a fox." Flamestrike's ears shot up, alarmed. "Shit! Let's go then!" He ran off, Circuit and Blackclaw following him.

They ran to the bush, where three kits were mewling in terror from a fox inching closer. "Okay, what's our-" "No time!" Blackclaw interrupted Flamestrike and attacked the fox. Circuit and Flamestrike quickly jumped in, and soon enough, the fox was running away. "Thank StarClan." Flamestrike said. "Are you alright?" Blackclaw asked the kits. "Yes. We'll go back to camp now." Two of the cats started walking away. "Come on, Jaykit!" The black one said. "I'm blind, morons." Jaykit grumbled. "Oh, right. Sorry." The tabby one went over and helped Jaykit get back to camp.

The trio watched the kits go. "Wow, I'm... feeling better already. We need to do that more." Blackclaw purred. "Relentlessly murdering foxes?" Flamestrike joked. "Um... yes, but doing good deeds in general." Blackclaw said. "Well... Today's been a long day. I should probably go get some sleep." Flamestrike purred. "Same here. Come on, Circuit!" Blackclaw said as the two Dark Forest cats disappeared. Yawning, Flamestrike went into his den and fell asleep.