Chapter 34: In The End

A moon had passed since Cinderfeather's death, and it seemed Foxheart had finally changed to become a good cat. He had asked this morning to show Blazepelt a hidden cove Flamestrike and Foxheart found recently, and they quickly accepted the trip. Now, they were near a cliff face, preparing to cross a narrow ledge. "Um... yeah, I don't remember this, Fox. I told you we should have taken a left at the Alberqer tree." Flamestrike said. "No, I do. It was right." Foxheart responded, before pausing. "Here, we'll cross the ledge, and if I'm wrong, we'll go back." Foxheart suggested. "Blazepelt, since we're showing you the cove, you should probably go first. I can follow Flamestrike." Foxheart said.

"Sounds good." Blazepelt purred, going on the ledge. Flamestrike and Foxheart soon followed. About midway through crossing it started to rain. "Damn... everyone, be careful to not slip." Flamestrike calls. Just then, he felt something brush his leg, causing him to jump and slip off the ledge. Flamestrike grabbed on at the last second. "SHIT!!! Foxheart, help!!" He yowled. Blazepelt stopped and turned around to see what was going on. Foxheart suddenly snarled at Flamestrike. "So long, traitor." He pushed Flamestrike off. "FOXHEART, YOU BIIITTTCCCHHH!!!!!!" Flamestrike yowled as he fell. Blazepelt watched in horror as Flamestrike was impaled on a rock and killed instantly.

Flamestrike woke up to see himself floating over his split-open body. "I... didn't need to know what my stomach looked like... um..." He said, before hearing a yowl. He looked over to the cliff just in time to see Foxheart get crushed by a sudden landslide and killed. "HAH!! KARMA BITCH!!!!" Flamestrike yowled, laughing at how quickly that backfired for Foxheart. Foxheart, now also dead, narrowed his eyes. "I'll be back." He said, fading away into the Dark Forest. Flamestrike took a deep breath. It's kinda concerning StarClan hasn't come down yet. That means they must be busy. But they can only be busy with... wow, did somebody commit a mass murder or something? Well, while I wait, I might as well say goodbye to Blaze.

Flamestrike appeared next to Blazepelt. "Goodbye, Blazepelt." He said, moving in to nuzzle her and trying to hold back tears. Blazepelt, instead of nuzzling Flamestrike, ran away screaming. Flamestrike blinked. "Right... note to self. Ghosts are scary." Then, finally, Cinderfeather and a tom appeared. "Cinder!" Flamestrike nuzzled her. "Well... I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that you didn't have to wait long." He joked. "Both." The unknown tom said. "Oh, Flame, this is Sunclaw. He was a friend of mine back when I was in ThunderClan." Cinderfeather said. "Really, Cinder?" Sunclaw said. "Oh, right. I forgot you love me. Sorry." She said.

Flamestrike's eyes narrowed. "Don't worry, Flame, she never really loved me back. It doesn't bother me since as long as she's happy, I'm happy. And you seem to be the only one who can provide that to her long term, so thanks for keeping her happy." Sunclaw said. Flamestrike blinked. Wow, this whole 'friendzoned thing' doesn't bother him much? That's impressive!

He dramatically sighs. "Cinder... for the hundredth time... stop mating with every tom you see!" Flamestrike joked, before growing serious again. "Come on, we might as well get going." And with that, the trio walked upwards into the starry sky.