Chapter 29: Gravelsong

When they got to the moat around camp, they were shocked by what they found. Skyfur had come back, and had Gravelsong's head shoved near the water. "You take one more step, and your daughter is dead." She growled at Blackclaw. "What about me!?" Podzol yelled, suddenly charging at Skyfur and causing her to take her paw off of Gravelsong. Gravelsong got up and joined the fight with Blackclaw, who had joined as well. "THAT'S IT, YOU ASKED FOR IT!!!" Skyfur preformed the deathblow on Gravelsong, killing her instantly. At that point, the fight stopped, as Blackclaw and Podzol were shocked at what just happened. To remove any threat of Gravelsong somehow surviving, Skyfur tore up her corpse and shoved her mangled body into the river. "My job is done here. The evil half-clan crowfood has been thrown out." Skyfur walked away. "If anymore half-clans come in, they WILL be taken care of." She called, leaving out of sight.

Flamestrike ran down to the group, horrified by what just happened. "She... she's..." Blackclaw started to cry over the spot where Gravelsong was murdered. "That... was the most brutal thing I have ever seen." Podzol was horrified. "I swear, I saw bone. Her flesh was nearly-" "Both of you, SHUT UP!!!" Blackclaw disappeared, crying. "I..." Flamestrike shook his head. "We need to go back to camp and report what happened." He said. Podzol agreed and returned to camp. They reported what happened to Pebblestar and Owlfeather, who were both shocked by the sheer brutality of the attack. Flamestrike went to sleep, his dreams haunted by Gravelsong's death.