Chapter 17: Skyfur

"Wait, really?" Flamestrike asked, suprised. "Yep. I've got more friends in RiverClan then anywhere else, and I like the clan in general, so I figured I would stay. Plus, Appletail asked me to." Podzol purred. "Well, welcome to RiverClan!" Flamestrike purred. "You will need a-" "I know, I'm going to go with Podzolfur I think." Podzol said. "Okay. I'll still call you Podzol though." "That's fine."

Blackclaw then appeared to the group, crying. "What's wrong?" Appletail asked. "Scorchfur still hates me... He refuses to give up the kits." She cries. "Maybe let him have one, and you give the other to Appletail?" Podzolfur suggested. "Hmm... I'll try that." Blackclaw said before dissapearing. When she came back, she came back with her kit. "That worked. Thanks, Podzol." She purred. "No problem." Podzolfur responded. "So... take good care of Gravelkit, please, Appletail." Blackclaw said, trying to hold back tears. "I will." Appletail said, and the pair went into the nursery den, Skyfur following shortly afterwards.

"Huh. Why'd he go in there?" Podzolfur asked. "I don't know... He doesn't have a-" Flamestrike began, before being interrupted by a sudden scream. "GET AWAY FROM HER, YOU BITCH!!!" Appletail screamed. "Shit! Let's move!" Flamestrike yelled, running into the den, Podzolfur and Blackclaw close behind. In the den, they saw Gravelkit cowering behind Appletail, who was staring at Skyfur, claws unsheathed. Skyfur was doing the same to Appletail. "What's going on!?" Flamestrike demanded. He looked around, seeing only them. "Where are the others!?"

"This cat wants to kill Gravelkit!" Appletail wailed. "I got everyone out of here. Don't want any unnecessary casualties." Skyfur said. "Wha-killing Gravelkit IS an unnecessary casualty!" Flamestrike growled. "You hypocrite!!" "Oh, really? You're defending the ThunderClan cat, too!?" Skyfur growled. "She's just a kit, and she's not ThunderClan anymore!" Blackclaw growled. "But she WAS. And it doesn't matter if she's a kit, any threat to RiverClan must be eliminated!!" Skyfur growled. "You MONSTER!!" Flamestrike growled, unsheathing his claws. "Extremest!!!" Podzolfur shouted. "Clanist BITCH!!!" Appletail yelled, before clawing Skyfur. The others jump in, and Skyfur quickly retreats.

"This isn't the last of me!" Skyfur growls. "If you come back, I WILL kill you!!" Flamestrike growled as Skyfur ran off. "Wouldn't that be against the code?" Pebblestar said, walking over to them. "Not really. The specific wording is that warriors don't kill unless it's necessary OR they are outside the clans. And since Skyfur is now outside the clans..." Flamestrike growled that last part. Pebblestar's jaw dropped. "Okay, that's terrifying you know more about the code's wording then I do. For the first time in my life, I am ACTUALLY scared." Pebblestar purred, joking. "Wait, so why did you chase Skyfur out, anyway?" "She tried to kill Gravelkit." Flamestrike said. "Oh. Well... I was going to go hunting, but I suddenly have other things going on now." Pebblestar said, before walking back into her den.

The group went their seperate ways, and Flamestrike went to lay down next to Appletail. "Hey." She greets. "What's up?" Flamestrike asked. "Other then wanting to murder Skyfur? Not much." Appletail purred. He sighs. "Well, she deserves it after that." Flamestrike laughed. She purred, batting his ear. "Wha-Hey!" Flamestrike purred. "You wanna go? Oh, we'll go!" Flamestrike pounced on top of Appletail before realizing what he was doing. SHIT, WE'RE FLIRTING AND I DIDN'T REALIZE UNTIL NOW!!! STARCLAN DAMN IT!!! Flamestrike gets off her quickly. "Shit! Cinder's gonna kill me!!" Appletail grew wide-eyed. "I FORGOT YOU HADE A MATE!!!" Appletail said, panicked. "No, I should have realized when I didn't. Starclan damn it, now I have to tell Cinder." Flamestrike said, walking over to where Cinder slept. Shit... haw am I going to do this?

Flamestrike saw Podzolfur nearby. "Podzol! How should I tell Cinder I almost accidentally cheated on her?" Podzolfur got wide-eyed and shook his head. "You're on your own on that one. Sorry." Damn it. Flamestrike decided to just hope for the best. "Can you at least start working on my grave for the elders?" "Again, you're on your own!" Podzolfur said. Flamestrike walked over to Cinder. "Cinder?" He said, terrified. "Yes?" Cinderfeather said, getting concerned by the way he said that. "I... a-almost..." Flamestrike trailed off, terrified. "Almost what?" Cinderfeather said, getting suspicious. "I... accidentally flirted with Appletail. As soon as I realized, I stopped, so nothing serious happened. I'm sorry." Flamestrike said, angry at himself.

"You should be!" Cinderfeather hissed before running off. Flamestrike watched her go. Shit, I'm SO dead. Well... I'm going to try and fix as much as I can before she kills me. Flamestrike runs after Cinderfeather. "Cinder, wait! I swear I didn't mean to!!" He said, chasing her. "Cinderfeather turned around. "What!?" She hissed. Flamestrike flinched. "I-I sw-swear, nothing happened! Once I realized what was going on, I stopped! She pushed me, I pushed her back. That's all that happened." Flamestrike said. Cinderfeather sighed. "It's not that. You stopped when you realized what was going on, it was a mistake on both sides, I forgive you for that. What I am mad about is that Shattered has done more work then you have on caring for the kits. He's like a big brother to them now."

Flamestrike was wide-eyed. "Shit... I... I didn't realize. I'm sorry." Flamestrike said, ashamed of himself. "It's fine. With everything going on-Blackclaw's death, Gravelkit, so on so forth-I wasn't expecting you to give as much help as normal... I guess everything is just getting to me. Please, Flamestrike, do something quickly to end this whole mess. The kits need you... I need you." Cinderfeather said, trying not to cry. Flamestrike nuzzled her. "The Journey ended, and we forced Skyfur out of here. At this point, all the chaos is done with, and if it springs up again... I won't let it interfere with the family." Flamestrike purred. Cinderfeather purred back. "Thank you."