Chapter 3- Truck problems..

~Emily's POV

The rest of the week seemed to go by pretty fast and now that today's Friday makes it all better. I got up and threw on sweat pants, my favorite "Ride Like Hell" sweatshirt, and bear-paw boots. I made it school safely because Gertrude is just that great, haha. The walk from my truck in the school's parking lot to inside was awful because it was windy and freeeezing. 

~Scotty's POV

I saw Em walk into the building and she looked tired and cold, in a cute way. Did I just think about her being cute... I walked over and offered her a friendly hug because she was shivering from the cold. But Idk what was going on I pulled her into me and rubbed circles on her back while she was still shivering. Then she rested her head on my shoulder and I put my chin on top of her head, and we just stayed there like that. 

~Emily's POV

Yeah it was nice of him to notice how cold I was, but he wouldn't let go of me. I tried wiggling and he only tightened his arms. "Scotty you can let go now," I said.

"No." 

"But there's like 2 minutes until the music, and I can't be late for English."

"Oh fine if you insist." He joked.

As soon as he finally let go I missed his warmth, wait what did I just think... I missed his hug???? I shook it off and said I'd see him next block. 

I got to class perfectly on time and had my notebook out and ready for class even before the second music started. A substitute walked in and wrote her name on the board. I instantly relaxed. The girl across the isle from me, I think her name is Hanna, said; "Oh so I'm not the only one that was relieved." I laughed and agreed with her saying how I don't think our teacher likes me. It turned out that class went by fast and I was already walking to math class. 

I sat down between Trav and Scotty, my only two friends, and got ready for a usually brutal math class. The desks were arranged differently so the rows of desks were together instead of separated. So all of class Scotty kept elbowing me trying to make me laugh which didn't work, because the only time I would laugh is if I were tickled, and I wasn't going to tell him that. I think Travis noticed but he didn't say anything. They would probably talk about it in their next class. 

~Scotty's POV

I have no idea what had gotten into me but I was just being wicked flirty with Emily. Ever since that hug this morning.... idk... I thought about mentioning it to Travis but I think he was just going to make fun of me for it. After school I got 2 new texts one from Emily the other from Travis. 

T- I guess Gertrude won't start, can you go see whats up with that I have basketball practice, and I forgot my jumper cables.

E- Gertrude stalled.. help... pleasee

I told them I'd be right there. After getting to my truck and trying to help Emily jump Gertrude, we figured out either her starter was toast or her battery was dead. Luckily I still had my tow bar and chains so I gave them a ride home. Emily sat in the middle of my truck so she could watch Gertrude the whole ride home, as well as be in front of the heaters. 

~Emily's POV

Thank goodness Scotty saved us. I used the excuse of sitting with my back to him to watch my truck because I didn't know if he was going to try something, and it was just awkward. He eventually said 

"Em, I'm not gunna hurt her, you can turn around now."

I turned around and was about to go sit in the window seat as Scotty shouldered me and asked if I thought it would be stupid if he tried out for American Idol. I said no because I've heard him sing, only when he was joking around, but he was really good, with the deep voice and all. He just asked me not to tell Travis because he wanted it to be a surprise. I agreed. 

~Scotty's POV

I finally got my two ladies home, Em and her truck. Unhooked Gertrude and set her in Emily's parking place in their driveway. If she wanted me to or not I wanted to stick around until Travis got home from practice, because I was going to tell him about my feelings for his sister. But until then their parents weren't home and I wasn't going to leave Emily alone with the robberies that have been going on lately. 

"I don't need you to stay Scotty I know how to shoot." She said.

"I was going to wait for Travis anyways, is that alright?"

"Kay go ahead." She said as she went up to her room.

I grabbed a snack and watched tv, just like I live there or something. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The end for now, I will try to update daily, but I have to work all weekend and then I'm going back to school  :PPP