Chapter 34- Wedding Planning

~Emily's POV

Thank goodness Scotty and I agree on the whole small wedding thing. But my mom is blowing this whole this way out of proportion. Dress shopping, colors, flowers, venue, church...etc. etc. etc.

We told her that we didn't want anything huge, just friends family, and Scotty wanted to invite some of his Idol friends, but not Brooke, haha. Today I was going dress shopping with my mom, and because it's like bad luck to bring Scotty I brought Lisa my cousin, for moral support. Our appointment was at 1pm in town and it took until around 2:30 for me to find "the one." This dress looked more like a prom dress to me, but it wasn't itchy, long, or too glittery. My dress was obviously floor length, with skinny shoulder straps. It's form fitting and very flattering, The back was laced and see through from my shoulders to the bottom of my back, which Lisa really liked. 

Oh another selling point, it was on sale for $775, instead of my second choice dress that was $1,200! We bought it and a dress bag just to keep and clean and hidden until our wedding day. 

~Scotty's POV

When the girls got home from dress shopping Emily walked in with a dress bag and I was so excited, that this is actually happening. I can't wait until our honeymoon!! I have it all thought out in my head, Florida! Stay on the beach in a hotel for a few nights, in the summer, so that way we'll be graduated school, and we can really relax 

I mentioned the idea to Julie and Bruce and then my parents, when I finally told them about our wedding plans. Over the phone, of course, as usual. They were actually really excited for me and they said they would pay for our honeymoon, and they wanted us to be happy. Wow I thought they were going to pull out something about us being too young to know what love is. 

Tomorrow all of us Em, her parents and I are going to look at a few different churches to have our ceremony in. I had mentioned the idea of renting a huge tent and putting it in the field out back to save money and they set that as an option. When we got there Em and I agreed the church scene wasn't for us. 

We spent the whole next day riding around the field looking for an easy place to set up the tent and how to get cars down there, and where we could relocate the cattle and horses to for a day or so. All this planning is giving me a headache. I can't even sleep with Em anymore it's also bad luck to even snuggle before the wedding too or something. I feel like all of this superstition is weird and I think fake, but whatever. I got the pull out mattress in the basement. 

~~~~~~~~

A.N.

Can i just say that even writing the whole planning process is really difficult because I'm not a girlie girl and it's hard to be discriptive, haha. It's almost giving me a headache trying to write this part. Again I know it's short but it's getting late and I haven't done any of my homework! Ahhh I'm so bad :(

But yeah guys enjoy! xoxoEmily