Chapter 12- Getting Closer

~Emily's POV

The second Scotty pulled into the country square dancing club, I'm pretty sure I turned pale. Which is pretty hard for me to do since I'm tanned from always being outside. I literally can't dance, like at all. Then he claimed square dancing is 'easy.' Yeah okay you haven't seen the lack of skills I have, I thought. Might as well try it, I'll never know. 

As we walked inside it was one whole huge room, with a small stage opposite the door and a few tables to the outside of the dance floor. There was someone performing a song, off key, and it looked like the floor was full. Scotty grabbed my hand and we joined at the back of the group.

"Here just follow me." He said.

"Okay," I said quite nervously. 

He showed me the basic steps and was counting it out, to make following him easier. 

"I'm not really good at this,"

"You're doing fine though." He said.

"Wait its left, right, then what."

He smiled, and stood in front of me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me against him. He was maybe about 3 or 4 inches taller then me so I had to look up because I'm about 5'5" with boots on. 

"Okay so its step, cross behind, step, and then back the other way."

To be honest I was just following his footsteps and not really listening to how he was explaining it. Once I got that part he moved to something a little harder. Seemingly it wasn't that hard. I just followed him and I think I was getting pretty good at it. 

~Scotty's POV

"Hey look at that, you got it."

"Well I guess it wasn't really that hard after all." She said.

When I held her up against me, I honestly never wanted it to end. Oh and the way she just looked up at me like that, I could never put a price on that. I was happy but also disappointed when she got the basics of line dancing. Happy because she could do it, but disappointed because I had to let her go. Is that cheesy at all?

So after line dancing we went to sit and ordered two chicken tender baskets. Compared to the chicken tenders back at home, these weren't half bad. I ended up finishing Emily's fries, and she drove us back to our hotel. While Emily showered I pulled out my laptop and looked up my audition video on YouTube. There's already 5,000 views, that's crazy!! When Emily and I called her parents. They had really become my parents lately since mine have been gone, many weeks since before Travis died. I had been staying at Emily's house and they actually asked me to start calling them by their first names; Bruce and Julie. When Julie picked up the phone Emily asked if she could stay here for a week or so. They were cool with it as long as we both asked our teachers to email us our work. They were concerned about us not getting school credit. We said or good-nights and goodbyes and all that and went off to bed. I wanted so badly for Em to come over and snuggle with me. 

~Emily's POV 

When Scotty asked me to come over and snuggle, of course I answered yes, but not too quickly so I didn't seem eager. (HAHA) From now on I will absolutely love what he calls snuggling. I got under his covers and he scooted over to my side of his bed. We were both laying on our sides, facing each other, then he wrapped his arms around my waist. His arms then travel up my back and grasp my shoulders to hold me right up against him. I put my arms around him and rested my head on his chest. Absolutely perfect. I don't really remember falling asleep that night, I must've just drifted off. Who could blame me. 

~~~~~~~~~~

A,N, Okay guys cute or what.?

Yeah so like I promised I will write another chapter tonight, to make up for the one I was too tired to write last night just wait like an hour or so. 

Love you guys!! Stay tuned ;) haha