Chapter 18

Natalie's POV

I let the movie play over, and Henry's warm arms envelove me. I love love. I love this feeling of contentment. I shoot up from my dream-like state, when I hear a door downstairs open and close.

"Don't worry. Its proably just my mom."

"Blonde or brunett?" I, being the nerd I am, laugh some at my own joke. Henry pull me to the position we were just in.

I guess he liked it, too. Does he like me how I like him?

"Brunett." I smile and watches the movie contently and snugly wrapped in his arms.

"Henry, are you home?" We hear from downstairs.

"Yeah, mom. I'm in my room." We continue to watch. When door is opened, I sit up to greet his mother.

"Hello. You're Regina. Correct?"

"Yes. What are you doing here?"

"I invited her over to hang out." Henry interupts.

"This doesn't look like 'hanging out'." She used air quotes. "What are your intentions with my son, girl?"

"Um... Intentions?" Regina walks over to us.

"Yes. Intentions." What does she mean? I have the intent of befriending her son. Which, I already have done.

"Well... I mean... He's my friend... I didn't realise we had to have intens to do anyth-" I am cut off by a pain ripping through my chest.

The immence pain spreads as one of a raging forest fire. The only thing besides the pain that takes residence in my brain, is the day in the hospital. The one where Henry met my dad. When, he promised he wouldn't let anything hurt me.

Henry holds me up, as I hear muffeled voices mix with my scream.

"Give it-" That one, I believe is Henry's voice.

Regina soon gives my heart back and leaves the room. I gasp for air and bawl at the pain both physically and emotionally, as I clutch my chest.

"Nat-"

"Stop..." I continue to gasp for air. "Henry I need to go." I have to get out of here. Away from him.

"You don't have to be home until seven."

"I have to go." I call Rumple.

"At least let me walk you home." I shake my head, vigeriously. I hold my phone pinched between my sholder and ear, as I put on my shoes.

"Rumple. Come pick me up, please."

"Why? What's the matter? Where are you?"

"I'm at Henry's house."

"Which mother is he with?"

"Regina."

"I'll be there soon."

"Okay thanks." I hang up and begin to walk downstairs.

"Natalie. Please talk to me. What did I do, that was so wrong?"

"What did you do?" I turn obviously annoyed at this wretched statement.

"Yes." He sounds despreate.

"You broke a promise."

"Which one?" This makes me even more furrious!

"You promised that you wouldn't ever let anything happen to me."

I run out, bursting into tears and get in Rumple's car.

"Natalie? Why are you crying? What's the matter?"

"Its nothing."

"Please, tell me."

"I just can't trust him, again."

"Why not?"

"This time, my heart was broken."

"But what of next time? What could he possibly do worse?"

"Next time, my heart might literally be shaddered."