Chapter 26

Natalie's POV

I decide to call him.

I sit and wait through the rings to get his voicemail.

"Wow. He wanted me to call him. And he can't even answer? Wow." I mutter sarcasticly.

I go downstairs. I go to the library. Belle is in here.

"Are you just here to be here? Or is it a family thing to love books?"

"You like reading?"

"No. By books, I meant the book its self." I tease. "I like the feel of them in my arms and how they smell!"

"Hush, you." She playfully glares with a smirk. "So, anyway, what did you decide?"

"I called him."

"That's wonderful! What did he say?"

"He didn't answer." I laugh. She joins me.

Once our giggles die down, she goes to a book shelf and grabs a book. She comes over and takes me by the hand. I am led to sit on the couch, placed for reading.

"This is the first story mother ever read to me. She read it to you, also. But you must have been to young to remember."

I look up from our mother's copy of Her Handsome Hero to Belle, who is looking at me. She has tears in her eyes. I hug her.

"Thank you."

"We should read it." I nod, and the book is opened. There is a knock at the door before we can begin. "Sometime." She looks on solemly, closing the book.

"I'll go get it." I wisper while standing. She grabs my arm.

"No. Stay. Rumple can get the door." I smile and sit back down.

"Will you-"

"Natalie!" Rumple yells. "Someone is here for you."

"Who?"

"I don't know."

"Well... Tell him you were in the library. He'll know he shouldn't have called for you." She laughs, and I along with her.

I go to the living room.

"Who is it, Rumple? I was in the library." I say with a sigh.

"Should I tell them to come back?"

"No. No. Who is it?"

"Me." Henry walks through the door.