Chapter 36

Natalie's POV

I wake up to have Gustave absent from my side. I know, here, I am only a year older than him, but it still worries me. I am his mother.

"Gustave!" I yell. No answer. I rise from my bed and leave my bedroom. "Gustave!" I yell again. This time there is an answer.

"I'm downstairs, mom." I calm down and take a deep breath to regain my poise. I make my way downstairs to see Rumple sitting next to my father. Henry is sitting in a chair. Erik and Gustave are sitting next to eachother across from my father and Rumple.

I begin to pannic. "What's going on?" My father stands and walks to me.

"Nothing to fret over, my dear. Your sister's upstairs with the baby, if you want to join her."

"Why would I need to go upstairs? Is something wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, mom." Gustave butts in. "Just go upstairs with Aunt Belle. This is guy stuff."

I sigh, but nod, giving in. I, still, don't know why I wouldn't be allowed downstairs. I walk on to the nursery and knock on the door sodtly.

"Hey." Belle responds.

"Hey."

"What's the matter?"

"The men," I had put in air quotes around men. "wouldn't let me stay downstairs."

"Oh. That's guy stuff." Belle says, as if she knows what they are discussing.

"That's what Gustave said. What do you know?"

"Me? Know? I know nothing."

"I know you, Belle. You know something."

"Nothing I'm at liberty to share."

"Is it like girl talk?"

"Of sorts..."

"Is it about their man periods?" Belle breaks into histarical laughter, and I, eventually join her.

After a few minutes, we see Henry and Rumple racing upstairs.

"Is everything alright?" They both ask in a panic.

"We're fine." I say. "Will I atleast find out eventually?"

"About?" Rumple asks.

"Downstairs." Belle says secreatively. Henry gives a nod that isn't as descreate as he wanted.

"Yes." She says with a small smile.