Chapter 24

Natalie's POV

I wake up to the sun drying the tears into sreaks down my face. Belle is in my bed, so I assume a rather loud nightmear had taken place.

There is a knock at the front door. I don't know if I should answer it. The last time I did, it didn't go so well.

Against my best instincts, I grab my phone and go downstairs to the front door. I go to the door and open it. I see Henry. He has been crying, and he still he still had tears in his eyes.

"What?" I've just given up. I don't have the strength to cry over him anymore.

"Natalie..."

"What do you want?"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Natalie, please."

"I need time. Its been two days, Henry. Not even two full days. Just give me time."

"No. I can't, Natalie." He walks forward and grabs my arms with tears in his eyes. "I need to be with you."

"Henry. I can't do this right now."

"Please." He kisses me. "Please. I love you. I can't loose you." I cry.

"Henry..." I raise my hands to his chest. "I love you, too. And you're forgiven, but I need to be alone. Just for now."

"Please..." He takes my hands in his. "I need you." I look down.

"Can I just call when I'm ready?"

"Okay. When?"

"I don't know when I'll be ready."

He leaves. I close the door behind me.

I don't know if I'll ever be ready.