Chapter 22

Natalie's POV

I was just informed that I had a pure heart.

"Okay. Sure it is." I stand to make my point. "But if I am the purest, why don't I feel diffrent than the average human?"

"A scroll no one here has seen. Well, no one, but me." The blonde mother of that horid ex 'friend' of mine said, as she hands me the scroll.

It was just scribbled on there. Its almost as if the person was in a hurry.

The act of true love will ignite the flame in the one of the purest heart. Then, and only then, can their heart be molded towards being truely good or drasticly evil. This will be the most horid darkness in all the lands. This will be worse than the dark one.

I laugh. "Again. This person can't be me."

"Why not?"

"True love isn't real. Thanks for trying to make up for your son, but nothing happens that easily."

I turn to leave the apartment, when a chair flies passed my head, breaking on the door. I scream and jump out of the way. I land on the the ground. I hear struggling from upatairs, but choose to ignore it.

"What the hell was that?" I ask about the chair.

"The product of true love." She helps me up. "And you'll find that eventually. That will be when we can mold your heart."

"She's too young to be in love." Belle butts in.

"Belle. Nows not the time." Emma informs her.

Someone rushes downstairs. I turn to see who it is. Its Henry.

I want to run to him. I see the worried expression on his face. I want to ensure him that everyyhing is alright. That I'm not hurt. But that would all be lies. He hurt me.

"Natalie." He runs the rest of the way to me and pulls me into a hug. "Are you okay? I heard a loud crash. Are you okay?"

I pull away from him. I have to put up a strong front. I can't have him seeing me upset.

"Well... The chair didn't hurt me." I say coldly. I turn from him and walk to the door. "It was nice seeing you, Emma. Belle, I'm going home."

I grab the door handle. I feel a hand on my sholder and intake a deep breath. I turn to see him.

"Please, Nat-" He begs, before getting cut off.

"Henry, stop. Just stop it!" I turn and leave, before I begin to burst into tears.

Why would this happen?

How could he do this to me?