Chapter 33

Natalie's POV

My eyes slowly blink open. I am laying in a hospital room. Henry is sitting next to me with a death grip in my hand. I let out a small moan. I don't have enough energy to speak.

"Natalie..." Henry gasps with worry knit into every seccond. I blink until I can open my eyes all the way. I look up to him. "Do you remember anything that happened, hun?" I shake my head. He pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head, after muttering, "Its better that way." I don't trust my voice, but I must use it anyway.

"What happened, Henry?" My voice comes out dry and raspy. It hurt my throat to talk.

"Do you want water?" I nod and he hands me a glass.

"Now, please, tell me. What happened?"

"Natalie. I think its best-"

"Henry. Please, tell me. Please."

"Fine. This man named Erik showed up and claimed to be your husband and the father to your child. Also, and fifteen-year-old boy, named Gustave, claims to be your son."

"My son..."

"Yes, your son."

"Gustave..."

"Natalie, do you have something you'd like to share?"

"Um..."

"When did you have a son? And, when did you get married?"

"I was never married. I mean, never married to Erik."

"So, you didn't have a child with him?"

"No. I did."

"What?"

"I know, its confusing. Once we get out of here, I'll get my laptop. Then, and only then, might yiu underatand any of this."

"Natalie. Just tell me what happened."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Please..." I put my face in my hands. "Natalie..."

"Nat? Are you okay?" I hear Belle ask, as she comes in.

"Yeah, yeah."

"Natalie, what happened?"

"Not you, too..."

"Im sorry... I just..."

"Belle, you're fine. Can we just go home?"

"Yeah." Belle leave to go check me out of the hospital. The door creeks open a slight bit, which I thought was Belle. She couldn't be back that fast, though. A small boy rushes into the hospital room.

"Mother!" Gustave says excitedly, as he bounces into the room.

"Gustave, slow down." I was beaten to my words by the masculine voice of Erik. He then walks into the room. "Christine." He greets me.

"Erik." I let out a long and almost silent sigh. "It's um... Natalie."

"Here?"

"No. Not just here. My name has always veen Natalie. Just, ehrn I was with you, I couldn't remember my life. I didn't remember my true identity."

"I am deeply sorry."

"It wasn't you."

"I know, but it must have been horrible." Henry clears his throat.

"Um... right. Henry this is Erik, my... my... um... nevermind, and Gustave, my son. Erik, Gustave, this is my boyfriend, Henry."

"Boyfriend?" Erik asks.

"I'm a sixteen-year-old girl."

"And, when I knew you as sixteen-"

"That's the poing. You don't know her." Henry cuts him off.

"Henry stop."

"I was going to say, you were, um... nevermind." He was probably going to say that I was engaged to the Viscount de Channy, though I was pregnant with his child. Yeah, awkward. So was my life there, though, so. Good thing he stopped.

That's when Belle walks in. Thank goodness for Belle.

"Are we ready to go?" She asks awkwardly. "Who's this?"

"That's a wierd situation. I'll explain later."

"Okay... Right... Let's go..."

We go home and the first thing I do is go onto my laptop. I look up the story of the Phantom of the Opera. Yes, I am... or was Christine Daee. I hear a knock at my door. I know its Belle.

"Come in." I see she is babyless. "Where's Alex?"

"He's taking a nap with Rumple. Its quite adorable. Now, what do you need to explain?"

"Have you heard of the Phantom of the Opera?"

"No. Why?"

"Read this article."

"Why?"

"Do it, please." She does.

"Why did I read that?"

"Well, after I was kidnapped, as an infant, I was held frozen in a curse for a whole year. I didn't grow older. I woke up one day and was in the lige of Christine Daae at six-years-old. I lived as her, until I was killed and came back to my life. The timing was diffrent there, though. For every ten years there, only two and a half years went by in almost everyother world. I was sent back to the enchanted forest and put back into the curse. I was held captured, still in the curse, by some woman. She looks just like Regina, I swear, but it was durring the big curse. I was, then, sent here and immediatly put into the foster system as a six-year-old. And, well, you know it from there.

"Yeah." We sit in silence. "I think I know who the woman who held you captive was."

"You do? Please, don't do anything or tell anyone, who might do something."

"I won't and can't. She died. I think she was Regina's mom."

"Regina's mom?"

"Yes. Her name was Cora."

"I heard the woman, at one time, being called Cora." We sit for a moment. "Never mind that, though. That's the story."

"Right."

"I should call Henry, have him come over." Belle nods and leaves the room, as I call Henry. He comes and I explain my entire life story. I tell him from the kidnapping, to being Christine, to being sent to this world and the abuse.

He sits stunned at the end of the story. I don't know what to say. Neither does he. We just sit in the silence for a while, until he breaks it.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to judge me."

"I wouldn't ha-"

"You would have felt sorry for me. I didn't want you looking at me diffrently. I didn't even want to tell you tiday, but you needed to know sometime." We sit in silence for a few more minutes. "You can leave, if you want."

"I don't." He pulls me close and kisses me, passionatly. "I live you. I will never leave you. I want this to work. I want us to work, more than anything." He kisses me, again.

"Lets meet with Erik sometime and work this out. This, indeed, is a unique situation." He nods, in agreement.