Chapter 35

Natalie's POV

I walk into the house at the brink of tears. I know I can't break down in front of my son.

"Mama!" I hear the small voice exclaim. I blink away the tears.

"Gustave." I smile at him. Its a hurt smile. Its one he knows. He knows this smile all too well. This is the smile I would give him after a 'long talk' with Raoul.

"Mama? What happened?"

"Nothing, dear. Go along and play or read. Okay?"

"Okay, mama." He hugs me around my waist then goes off. I go to the staircase and begin to walk upstairs.

"Natalie?"

"Hmm?"

"What happened?"

"That is something I'd rather not discuss in front of our sons." She nods.

"I'm home." We hear being said from the front door.

"Wonderful, darling. Could you keep an eye on Alex and Gustave for us, please?" Belle calls to her husband.

"Um..."

"Thank you, Rumple. I love you." We go upstairs, quickly, before he objects. We make our way to my room.

"So. What happened?" I sigh.

"Um... Erik doesn't know how they got here or how long they'll be here."

"What else?"

"They started fighting. I told them that if either of them hurts the other, they both loose me, and Erik looses his son."

"Wow. I can't believe you had to go through all of that." I just nod.

We sit for a while, until we are both startled by a knock at my bedroom door. Rumple comes in. He has his son in his arms and mine by his side.

"Um... Belle, Nat... Why did you leave me alone with these two children?" We both softly laugh.

"We needed to talk, but its fine. Now," She gets up and goes to Rumple. "Give me my baby." She takes Alex with laughs emerging from everyone who can laugh.

Gustave walks into my room and sits by me. He looks up with a knowing look.

"Mother..."

"Yes, Gustave?"

"Where's father?" I look to Belle and Rumple who, luckly, get and take my hint. With the shut of my door, I respond.

"Um... Well... He won't be staying with us..."

"Why not?" I suck in a breath and try to think of a valid excuse.

"Its not proper for a grown man and woman to be living in the same house, when they are not married."

"But you and Uncle Rumple live in the same house."

"There are exceptions, when people are related."

"Oh." I nod.

"Lets take a nap."

"Mother... I'm sixteen... I'm too old for that now..."

"No, if I am not too old, then neither are you.