Chapter 37

I try to blow the whole "guy thing" off, but I can't. I have some sort of gut feeling that it's more than everyone is leading on.

Henry and I go on a lunch date later that week. We go to Granny's. It's nothing too special, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We eat and talk about little things. He tells the funniest jokes to which I laugh.

After lunch, we go to the beach and take a walk down the shore. I take off my wedges and keep them in my hand. It's lovely and calming. We end up near the docks.

"Put on your shoes." He says at our arrival.

"Why?"

"I have a surprise."

"But I don't like wearing shoes..." I fake whine.

"I'll just cary you, then." He says, sweeping me off my feet.

I put one arm around his neck, while my other hand goes over my heart. "My knight in shining armor..." I say with a giggle.

"Always." He kisses my cheek. "Close your eyes."

"Whyyy?"

"It's a surprise..."

"Fine." I comply with the hand that was laying over my heart.

He begins to walk. He walks up stairs and goes through many tedious twists and turns. I am set down in a chair, and with my eyes still closed, he puts my shoes on my feet.

"Stand up." I do, with his help. "Now. Open your eyes." I do and see we are on a pirate ship. "It's Hooks ship. He gave me permission to drive it." He says, leading me to the wheel. "Hook taught both my father and I, so I will teach you."

He pulls out the ship and positions me in front of the wheel and puts his hands on my waist. He wispers instructions in my ear.

"If this is how Hook taught you to sale, should I be majorly jealous?"

"No, love. I added some of this just for you."

"Good." I smile.

After a while, he takes back the wheel. He parks the boat and helps me off. We walk to the end of the pier.

"Natalie?"

"Yeah?"

"You know I love you. Right?"

"Yes... And I love you..." I say with a giggle.

"You're perfect."

"Don't go that far."

"That's correct. I would go farther, but there are no fathomable words I could use to describe your beauty and kindness. Even if you are not actually perfect, you are perfect for me. That's all that matters. That's all I care about."

"Henry... Please..."

"No please. I won't stop. I can't stop. I love you." He gets down to his knee. "Will you marry me?" I stare at him with tears in my eyes, as he pulls out a ring. I stand in complete shock and nod, speechless.

"Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesye-" I am cut off by him standing and kissing me.

We break away and he wipes away all my tears. The gorgeous ring is slid onto my delicate fingers. I kiss him again.

"Was this the guy thing?" I ask breathless.

"Yes..." He messily kisses me all over my face. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too." We stay in eachother's embrace for as long as we can.