Chapter 29

(Y/N)'s POV

I was looking up at the clear dark sky as my eyes tried to close. I could barely muster enough energy to sit up and check on everyone else.

With the luck we've been given, they were dead.

As I felt my own eyes closing, I heard a voice.

"Hello?!" It was distant but getting closer.

"Hello?!" The voice sounded again, louder than before.

"Hello." I rasped.

"Is anyone alive out here?!"

"Here, we're here." I knew that no one could hear my soft voice and I needed to make noise. I painfully pushed myself off my back and sat up. I saw a light and started weakly banging on the raft.

"Help!" I rasped as loud as my voice would allow. It was as much as a soft speaking voice

"Help!" I rasped again, knocking louder. When the light flashed over here, I banged faster on the wood.

"There's someone over here!" The voice said happily. The boat maneuvered it was over to our raft, the light blinding me.

"Guys, we're saved!" I said hoarsely. I shoved Pete and then Patrick. The opened their eyes, both squinting at the bright light. I then looked over at Andy, whose lips were blue.

"Come on Andy, please don't be dead." I whispered in his ear. I shook his hand a few times with no response.

Then his eyes opened.

"Thank you God." I shivered. We all boarded the boat, even managing to get on Joe's body. No one gets left behind; he deserves a proper funeral. As the boat moved, I took solace in Andy's arms wrapped around my shoulders.

For the first time tonight, I believed that we would live.