||33||

'Wake up Emily. We have to go,' I hear Lincoln say to Bellamy.

I open my eyes and look at the two boys in front of me. They're standing with their backs to me. I don't know what they're talking about, they are like whispering. The only thing I could hear was Lincoln telling Bellamy to wake me up.

      'I'm already awake,' I say.

The boys turn around and look shocked at me like they've seen a ghost or something.

'Something wrong?' I ask them.

'No, it's just, you scared us a little. We didn't know you were awake,' Bellamy says while he walks

to me.

      He plants a kiss on my mouth and helps me stand up. I look at Lincoln and see he's dazed out. He's probably thinking about Octavia. I understand that. He left her behind just like Bellamy did with me. Well, Lincoln told Octavia where he was going, but he still left her. It's probably hard for both of them. Octavia probably has the feeling she won't see him again. And maybe that's true. We don't know what will happen on this trip. But I hope nothing goes wrong.

||||||||||||||||||

      We are walking in the forest trying to find our way to Mount Weather. I'm tired. I've slept great, but I'm still tired at some reason. I'm walking next to Bellamy holding his hand and Lincoln is in front of us leading the way.

'Hey. I needed to know what happened after the intake door,' Bellamy asks Lincoln curious.

'They remove your clothes, blast you with boiling water, and douse you with something that burns even worse. From there, we were sorted. The others were tagged harvest. I was tagged Cerberus, turned into a Reaper,' Lincoln explains. 

      So the Mountain Men make the Reapers. I never knew that. I heard Clarke say it once but I didn't really believe her.

'Cerberus, 3-headed dog that guards the underworld. My mom read mythology to us all the time. Octavia loved it,' Bellamy says a little sad.

I squeeze his hand letting him know that I'm here for him and he smiles at me. Then he looks back at Lincoln.

      'You're good for her. You made her strong.'

'Octavia was already strong Bellamy,' I say to him with a smile.

Octavia is the strongest person I've ever seen. She never backs away for something. She used to sneak away sometimes.

'Emily is right. She was already strong,' Lincoln agrees with me.

      'Hey, I need to ask you something. You protected my sister before you even knew her. Why?' Bellamy asks Lincoln. 
Lincoln stops walking and so do Bellamy and I. The look in Lincoln's eyes turn into something I've never seen before. It looks like guilt. Whatever he did, it must have been hard for him.

'When I was a boy, I saw a ship fall from the sky like Raven's. The man inside was hurt, his body broken. I couldn't get him out,' Lincoln explains.

'Suicide by Earth. I heard the stories in the guard. I just didn't know they were true,' Bellamy says frowning. 

      'I brought him food, water. I didn't speak the enemy's language yet. So I couldn't understand him, but I wanted to. So on the third day, I told my father. He made me kill him. The world has been trying to turn me into a monster for as long as I can remember,' Lincoln says sad. 
Then his look changes and he stands straight again. 
'Let's keep moving,' he suddenly says. 

      Lincoln starts to walk to the right and I was about to follow him but Bellamy stops us.
'Wait. Parking garage where we found you, it's north, that way,' Bellamy points. 
He is still holding my hand and he pulls me back a little making sure that I don't walk away.

'There's a mine entrance closer to where the Reapers hand us over. We'll go into the underworld when we have to, not before,' Lincoln explains.
Then he starts walking again to where he wanted to go and we follow. I have to face Reapers. Again. I didn't really like it the first time. But now they are also going to hand us over to the Mountain Men. What if they recognize us? If they recognize us, then we're screwed. 

||||||||||||||||

      There's an animal in front of us. A dead animal. It makes me sick. It looks so nasty. All the blood that's dripping out of it's stomach. And the thing that's even more nasty is that Lincoln covers himself up with it's blood. He puts it all over his chin and neck. It's just making my stomach turn.

      'The mountain has many eyes between here and the tunnels. From now on, details must be exact,' Lincoln explains. 
So that's why he covers himself up in blood.

'What if we run into real Reapers? Won't they wonder where you've been?' Bellamy asks.

I'm not really looking forward to this. To run into a real Reaper. Then we're screwed.

'All they see is the red. Once you take it, nothing else matters, just how you'll get more.'

'How much do you remember from when you were on it?' I ask him curious.

He looks up at me with a sad look.

'Everything.'

      Lincoln grabs two thick branches and holds it up.
'Turn around,' he says.

'Lincoln, what are you going to do?' I ask him curious and a bit scared.

'Just turn around. I'm going to get you chained up. Once we are facing real reapers we can't have them thinking that you guys aren't captured.'

He has a point. 

      Lincoln puts the branch on my neck and he ties up my wrists on it. He does the same with Bellamy. Then he starts walking again with us in front of him. 
'We're here,' he says after a few minutes. 
We've reached a tunnel. It's dark. I can't see anything in it.

'This is it. Let's go,' Lincoln says.

I look at Bellamy with a scared look and I can see he wants to grab my hand or something but he can't reach it.

'It's okay. I'm here with you,' he says.

I nod at him and then we start walking into the tunnel.

But I know it's not okay. There will go something going wrong. There's always something going wrong.