Chapter 19

Don't kill me... I am well aware of not updating when I said I would. But here it is and please let me know what you think.

I woke feeling drained, till the prospect of learning how to fight hit me. I showered and got dressed in record time, then left to grab breakfast. The commons buzzed with some excitement, or a new branch of gossip milling about. When I joined Lissa and Natalie at our table I heard what the fuss was about, “Oh joy. Just what I the doctor ordered, a fresh dose of Queen Bitch at her best.” I rolled my eyes and ate my bacon. Lissa tsked, “Rose, you of all people know you can’t say things like that with this many witnesses.” I just shrugged as if saying ‘Like I care’. “I think there’s a reason behind her visit, there normally is. What it is, is beyond me. I mean Tatiana is a fine queen and all, but if you ask me she could even make Queen Victoria seem nice. Daddy says she doesn’t-“ I cut Natalie’s ramblings. “Point is, I don’t want to attend. So the whole house arrest things does have its silver lining.” I smiled at them to emphasize how happy I was.
“What do you men ‘You are going’!” I blanched at Dimitri. He raised his eyebrow, “It normally means that you have to attend or going somewhere.”  He had me there, funny when he could be sarcastic yet a mentor at the same time, “HA! Funny, but I am not going. Why should I?” he shrugged, “She’s the queen, nothing more to it.” I gave a huff and rolled my eyes, “There goes my day, so much for relaxing.” At this he stared at me, giving me the full force of his deep soul-searching eyes. “I meant what I said last night Rose, about teaching you how to fight. I can and I will, but I need to know that you’re dedicated. Really dedicated. And not get distracted with something like what happened last night.” He paused to let it sink in, “Can I trust you?”
Remembering the disappointment in his face last night, how it made me feel. I never wanted to feel like that ever again. It scared me at how much I really cared about what one person thought, and saw me. “Yes. You can trust me.”
“I know you hate the running, but it has to stay. You have no idea what a Strigoi are like, we try and prepare you for ever scenario. We need to add more trainings, if you want to learn more about fighting. This means more time in the gym and less time for yourself. You’ll be tired. A lot.”
I thought about it, about him, about Lissa. The nodded, “Doesn’t matter. If you tell me to do it, I’ll do it. No matter what.”
He looked at me for a while, calculating. Then after a while gave a curt nod, “Then get dressed and do your laps.”

Extra training meant an extra hour for both before and after school, meaning four hours of training a day. What did I get myself into? The day went by and we ended up in our last period for the day, the buzzing was still in the halls. And I didn’t miss the whispers and looks I got from my peers in music class. I chose to ignore it, trying to think of a song that I was going to play. Knowing the soothing effect it would have on me. Christian walked in, a sneer on his face, but when he saw me his face changed. Sympathy. It was not something I would have ever used to describe him, yet it made me alert. Why would he feel anything like that? The last student- a moroi- took is seat.

“Well seems like everyone is chatty today. Let’s see if you’re as eager to sing then. Who wants to go first?” asked the sub- her name was something along the line of Maria or Mary. When no one volunteered, someone shouted my name, “Why don’t you go first? I am sure you’re eager to please.” There was snickers and some who oh’d and ah’d. Ralf Sarcozy had an earsplitting grin on his face- enjoying attention he normally doesn’t get. “Sure Ralfy boy, ‘course we understand that you only have this class seeing that you don’t have enough- oh let’s say this on your level so you’ll understand. You in this class because you have small brain.” The class laughed at this, and the sub hushed Ralf before he could bomber me with insults. “Don’t strain yourself, might pull something.” I winked at him grabbing the guitar. He just scoffed- great comeback.

"Knocking On Heavens Door"

Mama take this badge from me
I can't use it anymore
It's getting dark too dark to see
And I'm feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door

Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door

Mama put my guns in the ground
I can't shoot them anymore
That cold black cloud is comin' around
And I'm feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door

Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door
Feels like I'm
Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door
Feels like I'm
Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door

Feels like I'm
Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door

Mama tell me
Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door
Feels like I'm
Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door
Feels like I'm
Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door

The sub opened her mouth, probably to correct me on something when Ralf interrupted her.
“Oh you’ll be knock-knock-knocking on heaven’s door alright. Tell us Rose do they allow blood whores into heaven, if not then I’d advise you stop knocking.” The class fell silent, both out of shock of hearing ‘blood whore’ and out of seeing what I would do. I was too stunned to say or do anything, frozen with the guitar in my arms. Suddenly everything started making sense. The whispers. The looks. I felt something break, felt how the tears wanted to come. But I kept it in. I stood up and gently placed the guitar on its place, “Look at that, she is speechless. Where has all the sass and snarky gone, Rose? Sucked away- ah!” he jumped up with flames all over his torso. He screamed and franticly tried to extinguish them. “Mr. Ozera!” yelled Mary.
“Again? You know what to do.”
Christian stood up, sneer gone replaced with a smirk. Ralf meanwhile kept yelling, even with the flames gone. There were no burn marks, or any evidence of flames that were used on Ralf. I didn’t miss the wink Christian gave me before leaving the class.
It didn’t stop the ever growing panic in me, nor did it stop me from rushing out of the class with a yelling Mary on my heels. I didn’t stop. I ran not knowing where I was going, just needing to get far away. Away from the eyes and the whispers. I could take a lot, but this- this was something not even a tough big mouth girl like me could handle.   

There you go my lovelies... I have a thought of who Tatiana can be... I'll share this with the next update. So stay tuned 😆

Lots of love
Danita❤