Chapter 31

It was difficult with the pain constantly pounding in my head, but I fought with all I had against the now awakened Natalie. She was strong, fast and just too much for me.
"Getting tired? Already? Well you're no fun," Natalie growled at me then faster than ever she had me pinned to the wall.
"Maybe I can just awaken you, and then Lissa too. Like best friends forever right, Rose?" she smiled at me the glared with those ruby red eyes. I was struggling against her grip, but after a few fetal attempts gave up.
"Just kill me." 
She gave a cold laugh and gripped my neck tighter, making it impossible to breathe. Dark spots danced around my vision and I heard a familiar cold voice, calling me, welcoming me back. Suddenly she threw me across the room, so hard my head hit the wall again. This time my body didn't move, my eye sight was blurred to a point where I could only see shapes. My ear was ringing, my head pounding, heat was dripping down my face. 
I heard a shriek, through the ringing, then I heard sounds like a struggle going on. I blinked to try and see what was going on, but with each blink it got worse. Then the red tinge to it proved that my head was bleeding. 
I felt a weight on me, towering over me. 
"Come closer and I'll kill her, Belikov." come her cold voice.
"Roza!" came his voice. For once it had a tinge of fear in it, not calm like always. 
I felt my body responding to that tone, no way in hell am I going to let him hesitate because of me. With strength that was buried deep down, came alive. The adrenaline was pumping through my veins, helping clear my vision. But one things coursing through me was the strongest. Rage. I looked her in the eye when I grabbed her around her neck, wrapping my legs around her waist and pulling her weight over me, pinning her against me. 
"Dimitri! Now! I can't hold her longer!" I yelled for him.
I felt her struggle, felt her almost breaking my hold. I was panicking, scared that I had exposed Dimitri to her in this moment. I gave a cry when I felt it. She had broken out of my hold, but at the same time did I feel her body go limp. Her scream had echoed with mine when the stake had pierced her undead heart. 
The stillness and the weight of her body, did I relax. I gave a cry when I laid my head down, forgetting it was injured.
"Roza?" Dimitri questioned.
I could for the life of me get words out, it came out as grunts. The the weight of Natalie was lifted off me, but blinking up my vision went back to being blurred.
"Roza. Oh my Roza," Dimitri whispered. 
I think I smiled at him when he cradled me to him, "Don't go soft on me now, Comrade." I tried to say, then darkness took me.

"Please don't leave me, Roza." was the last thing I heard.