Chapter 32

The days following the whole Natalie and Victor incident was mostly a blur to me, other Novices kept asking questions that gave me a headache. Headmistress Kirova surprised me with taking away my punishment, but still being kept an eye on. Then there was Dimitri. The nurses said that he visited the days I was still unconscious, but then when I woke up he never made an appearance. Just to make it more clear, he ended our training sessions and every time we were in the same room he would make sure to be at the opposite end of it. The whole thing had me hurting though I would never admit it to anyone, but also fuming. So I kept myself preoccupied with the new developments about Lissa's element she specialized in. Spirit. There were many books documenting about a Moroi many years ago, St. Vladimir. It had many stories, some also including his Guardian Anna, that were just raising eyebrows. A lot of eyebrow raising coming from me, mainly because of the connection he had with Ana, till I read a certain word that made me freeze. 

"Shadow Kissed Anna always protected Vladimir in more ways than one, in body and mind. She would suck away the darkness from Vladimir to keep him sane, but it was effecting her just as much. Vladimir had the secret to cure it, but it was too late when Anna passed away, and Vladimir not long after it for he lost his Shadow kissed partner it was too much for him." 

It was too much for me to read about these two, comparing to the things Lissa and Vlad had similar to one another, and Anna with me. So even that didn't keep me busy for as long as I'd hoped, and that was why I was up early getting into training gear so that I could take my mind off, well everything. Tugging my hair in a pony and my feet into running shoes, then sneaking out seeing as I wasn't allowed to leave my room just yet. Then sun was amazing on my skin when I was heading towards the track, soaking in the vitamin D. It wasn't as hard to get into the rhythm of running, first starting slow and the with each lap picking up the pace, and when I was full out sprinting now did it occur to me how many laps I had done. I came to a stop with my hands on my knees breathing in and out, which was difficult because I was laughing. 
"Stupid Russian God, take that." I whispered to myself.
"Always with the rude comments, Hathaway." he replied with his velvet voice.
Stupid Dimitri. I thought to myself. I straightened up and glared at him, then walked past him to my water bottle and towel. All but ignoring him. 
"Rose." he sighed.
That made me stop, but not turn around.
"What? You're talking to me again?" I growled.
It was quiet for a long time, this made me turn around. He was looking at me, his eyes open with emotion, the mask down. This made my anger flare up, how dare he!
"Don't. You. Dare." I hissed this. "You were the one who avoided me! The one who left me! With no explanation! Leaving me confused! Do you know how that feels? NO! Because you did it, why would you care?" I sucked in a breath, then whispered, "You lied."
The silence was deafening, his whole body had gone rigid after my last words. I had caught him by surprise for once. After what felt like forever, his left all so lethal hand came to cup my chin ever so gentle, pulling my face up to look at him. His eyes with the molted chocolate of warmth and kindness. His lips pulled up at the corners to the smile that only I had seen glimpses of, into a smile I secretly came to love. 
"Roza, I had to. Think about it. When you graduated you would have been picked be Lissa's guardian, alongside me. We would both have to put Lissa's safety first, They come first. If I let myself love you, more than I already do. Then..." he let his hand drop and his mask was in place again. 
"Then if she were to be in danger, a Strigoi trying to attack her. I would throw myself in front of you rather than the princess. So you see Rose, we can never have anything more than just one thing. To protect Vasilissa from any type of danger, and not worrying about each other. Because of feelings that we're not allowed to have." at the end the warm and kind Dimitri was totally gone. No trace of him being there.
I gave a shaky breath, for once overcome with emotion instead of hiding it. I took a hesitant step toward him, and when he didn't take one back I took that as my proof. I closed the distance between us and in a breath of a second I was kissing him. My arms around his neck and my body pressed as close as it could be to him, but he was kissing me back as well his hands on my waist not skipping a beat. It felt like forever before we broke the kiss, and both taking a step back.
"Then from now on, Lissa is all we have in common." I said briskly.
He nodded once, the protected Guardian again, "Now, I do believe we have training in a few hours. You need to go get some rest. It's going to be tough." He gave a small smile at the last statement. 
I swallowed down my emotions and gave him my man eater grin, "Sure thing Comrade, will try and slow down for you then." I turned on my heel and walked back to the dorm, a smug smile plastered on my face.  

Here is my final chapter

Here is my final chapter. I hope you enjoyed it. Please comment, like and share if you did :D

Also if you want me to do a second book please let me know, but only if a lot of people are interested. I am planning to make my own story soon, so would like if you guys also when published if you'd support me there. It's a siren story... please don't roll your eyes ;p 
Still working on the logistics and stuff out so it's gonna be a while. 

Lots of words