Chapter 27

So I wanted to make the psi-hound different from that of the movies. Hope it's somewhat better. Enjoy the chapter...

The howl echoed through the house, louder and louder, sending a chill down my spine with each breath

The howl echoed through the house, louder and louder, sending a chill down my spine with each breath. Christian was out of his chair, running towards where Lissa was. She was gone along with Victor. He must have snuck out when the howl broke out.
"Christian! Listen..." he cut me off.
"No he's getting away! We need to go after them."
I made my way towards him and slapped him through his face. He glared down at me, got him back then.
"You don't stand a chance with the psihounds. You need to go and find Dimitri and have them come here. Don't turn around," I paused, "no matter what you hear. Keep going." I whispered.
He gave a brief look over his shoulder, then back to me before nodding and running towards, what I assumed, to be the front door.
I ran the other direction. I didn't know where to go, but when I found myself at the back of the cottage I heard Lissa. Without hesitating I ran towards the sound. Putting all my stamina and last energy into this, remembering all the laps I ran and gave a chuckle.
"Damn you, Comrade."

Running through the woods, stopping only to listen out for Lissa's grunts, protests or profanities

Running through the woods, stopping only to listen out for Lissa's grunts, protests or profanities. The trees were thick and scratching me, as if trying to hold me back from saving my best friend. My body was on full alert, sounds were echoing, footsteps following me, yet I kept going not caring who was chasing me. I heard one last loud "NO", and turned to see a head of blonde curls falling to the floor. I side stepped a tree, zoning in on Victor and thinking of how many slow and painful things I could do to take revenge. This was where I made my mistake, focusing on just one thing. Losing track of what was going on around me. Forgetting about the unknown threat that had been following me.  

Why did it have to be a psihound? A fucking psihound!

It felt like I was midair then suddenly being hit by a truck and fell to the earth with a bone crushing fall. Hitting the tree and falling to the ground, rendering me useless for the time being. Dazed and in so much pain I heard a sadistic laugh, as cold as the Devil himself.
"Stupid little Novice, don't you think? What would your mentor say, well maybe we shouldn't go down that road." he said with a tsk.

"Look whose talking. Kidnapping a girl then having filthy dogs to do your job, expected better from a villain like you, Victor.' I said trying to push myself up, to no avail.
"Still as snarky as always, you forget, Rose. I have the upper hand here. Was hoping that I wouldn't have to come to this, but you leave me no choice." He said with a snap of his fingers.

"Attack" he shouted.

Two things happened.

One Lissa gave a throaty scream, what she said I wouldn't know.

And then Two...

Pain. Blood. Teeth.

The psihound was ripping into me, like I was a free doughnut. 

Short but think it does make you guys hate me though. Will try and update this weekend again, no promises.

Lots of words

Danita <3