Chapter 28

It was dark and cold.

That was what first hit me. How alone, cold and dark it felt. The darkness was overwhelming, like a feeling so deep that no words could fully describe it. It was something that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

But also I was frozen in one spot. Unable to move. My body, no, my soul was being pulled to somewhere. While my body was being held back. Like a mother stopping her toddler from crossing the busy street. Then came a hum, a hum so loud from the darkness it grew into a scream. Then a screech. My ears were filled with this agonising sound. I crouched down, holding onto my ears.  It just kept growing in volume. Then. It stopped.

A burning sensation in my torso made me look down, down at pure blackness. The sensation grew and the warmth along with it. But there was a tingling feeling so blissful it made my back arch.

"Been touched by death. Be forever tainted by the darkness." A voice said cracking with each word.

Then the warmth spread all over my body, it was small at first starting in my chest and moving through my body until I could feel it even in my toes. I was lifted up, being carried somewhere, where I had no clue.

Then the darkness was gone.

As I opened my eyes, it was still dark. Just now I could see white spots in the darkness, stars. Then a sweet angel face, surrounded by golden curls came into view. She was crying and saying something, but I could not hear a word she was saying. My ears were still ringing, my body not fully back still shivering from the coldness.

The girl. She was still crying. She seemed familiar. Just my mind was still foggy, slow, as if it was having trouble starting up again. Like an old tired truck.

She pulled me up into a sitting position. Just as I was getting my balance, the girl wrapped me in a bone crushing hug. Sound was slowly coming back, and so was a sound that was echoing with pain. Looking over her shoulders I saw someone lying on the ground, curled in a ball. Screaming bloody murder.

It was an old man...

Everything came rushing back to me. Lissa, the girl crying also my best friend. Dimitri. The cabin. Victor. The psi-hound.

My death.

I jumped up, pulling Lissa with me and shielded her behind my back. Scanning and listening. It was not so easy with Victor screaming in the background, but it seemed as though it was clear.
As soon as I was sure of it being clear thus time, I turned to Victor's pathetic bundle. He stopped screaming, but was still curled up.

I walked towards him, picked him up and curled my hand into a fist.
"I'm gonna enjoy this." I said smiling.

"Rose don't do it!"

I dropped Victor and dropped to my knees. Cradling my head between my hands. The voice was inside my head, and it was familiar to me.

Lissa ran to me, "Rose, what's wrong?" She asked her voice laced with concern. I was about to ask her how she did that, when an army of Guardians came running out circling us.

A certain Russian God leading this army, and boy did he seem angry.

Again I know it is short, but I have been busy busy busy with one event after the other. Joys of the hotel industry ey. Hope this was good. Hope y'all enjoyed. And hope you're looking forward to the ned update.

Lots of love.
Danita❤