Chapter 18

The sun felt amazing on my skin, and I only now noticed how I craved the vitamin D it offered. After successfully sneaking out my dorm and past the guardian on duty, I made my way to the lounge on the girls' side. It was always empty, seeing that there were so little dhampir girls who chose to become a guardian. I checked the corridor before entering the room, Jesse was lounging on the couch but sat uo hearing the door. "Took you a while didn't it?" he smiled. "Well you try sneaking past a dhampir." He just shrugged and shook his head, "Afraid you've lost your touch, Hathaway." Slowly I started making my way toward him, swaying my hips on the way. "I don't know. I'm here, aren't I? Now are you gonna talk the whole time, or show me that you haven't lost your touch?" grabbing my hips he pulled me onto his lap, making me straddle him. Then his lips were on mine. I had kissed many guys when I was in the human world, and thought their kisses were rushed and sloppy. But compared to Jesse's they were a hundred times better. It was like kissing a virgin nerd, who was trying but failing miserably. It was his hands that were really any good, the roamed my body touching the right places. He broke the kiss and started trailing wet kisses down my neck, somehow my shirt was off.

My mind was reeling until I felt a light yet painful prick on my neck. I was off him in a blink of an eye, "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I touched my neck and was happy to see no blood on my fingertips. "Oh come now, Rose. We both know you'd like it." He took a step toward me and I took a step back, "Jesse clearly the sun did something to your brain, cause if not then you are surly not suggesting that I' a blood whore!" he chuckled. "If you want to label it like that, but I didn't say anything." He took another step toward me and before I could take a step back grab my waist and threw me against the wall. My head hit the wall with a thud and made me cry out in pain, and before I knew it Jesse was in front of me pinning me against the wall. He lowered his head to my neck, but never got to bite into it.

I felt his weight disappear, and when I opened my eyes I saw Dimitri holding Jesse by the collar. His face only showed anger, while Jesse's only had fear in it. "Leave before you make me do something I'll regret." He dropped Jesse who immediately got up and ran out the door, faster than any moroi has ever ran. I looked back to Dimitri whose face hadn't changed, but held disappointment too. We stood there looking at each other for a while, till his eyes lowered and focused on my exposed chest. I was still in my black lace bra, my shirt lying on the floor close to Dimitri's feet. He lowered and picked it up then threw it to me, "Get dressed." I gave him a smirk, "See something you like, Comrade?" I asked still brave and my cocky old self. Big mistake. He was in front of me in a blink of an eye seething, "Do you think this is a joke? You're lucky I was the one who found you, if it were any other guardian your ass would be handed to Kirova!" I blinked and swallowed.

But anger rose as well, "Who cares! Everyone is betting on it, why fight it! And why would you even care, then you could have me out of your hair. Go on and do it yourself then, take me to Kirova!" I threw my shirt over my head then threw my hands to him, in the same way one would do when being cuffed. He took a step back and shook his head. "Is this why you did this? To just get thrown out? Are you that selfish and self-centered, did you even think about Vasilisa? How this could affect her, or how this could ruin your reputation? How people would see this situation. Did you ever think of what consequences your actions would bring?" he had calmed down, his voice was enough indication. "Selfish and self-centered? Reputation? Really is that just a subtle way of calling me a slut? And you have no right to bring Li-" he laughed cutting me off. "I'm her guardian Rose, and I have seen the changes in her since you came back. She has been doing better with you by her side, now you just want to throw in the towel and give up? Why?"

I shook my head, "I don't know." It was a lie, but I wasn't really going to say the truth. "But you're right. Lissa is and should be my top priority, and will be from now on. No more getting in trouble or anything to tick Kirova off." He gave a small smile and nodded, "Good. Now get to bed, we have training tomorrow morning." I opened my mouth and he hushed me with a wave of his hand, "Not laps. You'll see tomorrow." I only nodded and turned to walk out but his voice stopped me, "And I never would insult you in any way, remember that. No matter your actions." I smiled at him then walked back to my dorm. As soon as I was in my room I leaned against the door and let it hit me, and let the tears roll down my cheeks.

After showering I decided to play on my guitar, in all the excitement I couldn't sleep. My heart was heavy and my head overflowing with what was said, it made sleeping impossible.

"Hurts Like Hell"

How can I say this without breaking
How can I say this without taking over
How can I put it down into words
When it's almost too much for my soul alone

I loved and I loved and I lost you
And it hurts like hell
Yeah it hurts like hell

I don't want them to know the secrets
I don't want them to know the way I loved you
I don't think they'd understand it, no
I don't think they would accept me, no

I loved and I loved and I lost you
And it hurts like hell
Yeah it hurts like hell

Dreams fight with machines
Inside my head like adversaries
Come wrestle me free
Clean from the war

Your heart fits like a key
Into the lock on the wall
I turn it over, I turn it over
But I can't escape
I turn it over, I turn it over

I loved and I loved and I lost you
And it hurts like hell

So guys listen up. I am thinking of doing a crossover between my two most favoured vamp books. Twilight and Vampire academy. The details will be revealed when some interest is shown. So comment yay or nay and I'll give the dets in the next update.

Lots of love
DANITA ❤