5: Nightmares

“Do you guys want waffles?” I ask the kids who are sitting at the table coloring half asleep.

“Yes!” Bentley yells.

“I want sausage!” Brynlee says.

“No! Bacon!” Bentley argues.

“Hey, hey, hey!” I say, “I’ll make both and you can eat whatever you want, okay?” I say and they nod, continuing to color outside the lines.

I put some batter into the waffle maker and put the sausage and bacon into the pan. I pull myself up onto the counter grabbing my phone out of my pocket and then tapping the Twitter app. Blah, blah, blah. Random ranting, nonsense. After about 10 minutes of retweeting, favoriting some stuff I put all the waffles on a plate in the middle of the table, along with bacon and sausage.

“Bryn, can you go get the spoons, and Bentley can you go get the forks and knives?” The kids run over to the drawers and grab three of each and return to the table. I grab three plates putting them on the table. I quickly cut up their waffles and drench them in syrup and we all begin eating. I get up to get us some milk and my phone begins singing to me.

“Hello?” I say picking it up and putting it in between my ear and shoulder so I can still pour milk.

“Hey, Aria,” I hear the familiar Australian accent that can be placed to Ashton.

“Hey, Ashton,” I smile just hearing his name.

“I-I know we just hung out yesterday, b-but I was wondering if you’d maybe w-want to hang out today?” He asks.

“I didn’t want to leave the house todayyy.” I whine as he laughs an adorable laugh.

“Well, I’ll come over then, Love.” Ashton says and I smile.

“Okay. I’ll text you my address.” I say before hanging up. I quickly texting him the address.

“I’ll be right back; mommy’s got to go change.” I say to the kids as I start heading upstairs.

“Why, mommy?” Brynlee asks shoving a forkful of waffle in her mouth.

“I have a friend coming over, you’ll meet him soon.” I smile and head upstairs. I grab my black sweater that says “Teenage Runaway” in white. I don’t want to look like I dressed up for him, I also don’t want to look like a homeless 10 year old. I grab a pair of skinny jeans. I throw it all on, along with some dark gray ankle booties. I step into my bathroom and take my hair out of my ponytail, my hair falls into natural curls. I put on light makeup and a black beanie. I step back, looking into my full length mirror. I look good, not too much, and not too little.

I decide to do a little work before Ashton gets here or else I’ll probably forget to do any today.

---

About two hours later I hear the knock on my door, I put down my highlighter and the story I was reading and head to the door, Bentley and Brynlee run to the door and I open it.

“Hey, Aria,” Ashton smiles at me.

“Hey, Ashton.” I smile back, “This is Brynlee, and this is Bentley.” I smile as the twins step forward. Ashton squats down.

“Hey guys, nice too meet you. I’m Ashton.” He says I look down at them and smile at how well he gets along with them.

“Hi, Asston.” Brynlee says. Brynlee’s always had problems saying ‘sh.’ we’re still working on it.

“Hi.” Bentley mumbles.

“Brynlee, say Asshhton.” I say putting emphasis on the ‘sh’ sound.