3: Michael

“Mommy, can you play with us?” Bentley asks as I walk into the room, my hot coffee cup burning my hand. I shake my head.

“Mommy has to do some stuff for work then she’s going out for a bit to have lunch. You guys are going to hang out with Aunt Ri.” I tell them. ‘Aunt Ry’ is my best friend Rian, she’s been there since the beginning, she used to be my party buddy, but when I stopped partying and I told her I was pregnant she quit partying and she’s been with me ever since. I was never completely alone because I had her, some days felt like it more than others, but she’s around a lot now. I decide to start in on my work before getting dressed. I called Margret and we both decided today would be a good time to meet, so we’re meeting at a local coffee shop. I walk into my office, I look around. I have pictures of the twins all over the walls; in the corner I have a small end table with a vase on it. In the middle of the room, near the window I have a desk with a black rolling chair behind it along with a book shelf against the wall. I walk over to the bookshelf, grabbing one of my binders and laying it on the table.

I should explain what I do; I didn’t want to leave my kids at home so I decided to find a job I could do at home. I love writing and reading so I found a job that I could do which is read over books, papers, anything and edit them. I guess I’m an editor; I give critiques and edit out anything that doesn’t make sense or doesn’t fit.

---

An hour and a half later, I’m drawn out of my very compelling story by a knock at the front door. The twins had fallen asleep and I just decided to keep working. I put a bookmark on the paper and press the lid on my high lighter and walking to the front door. I grab the door handle pulling the door open to reveal Rian. She has a floral print skirt on, with a black long sleeve shirt tucked in and her hair straightened.

“You really didn’t have to dress up, Rian.” I smile pulling her into a hug.

“I know, but afterwards I’m going out with Michael so I thought I should just dress up now and then later I’ll be ready.” She explains. Michael is her boyfriend of 2 years. They met at a party, the same night I got pregnant; they hung out for 3 years before actually dating. I’d met him quite a few times; he was in a band with 3 other guys.

“The twins are asleep upstairs; I was just editing a few papers. I need to go change though.” I say as I head up the stairs and into my bedroom. I look in the closet and grab some ripped skinny jeans, a tan leather jacket and brown combat boots. I strip out of my pajamas and throw on the jeans.

“I see you lost that baby weight.” Rian comments, I shoot her a glare.

“It’s been five years, of course I lost it.” I throw back at her as I shrug on a plain white tee then the leather jacket on top.

“What should I do to my hair?” I ask her pulling my pony tail out and staring at myself in the mirror.

“Side fishtail braid,” She says briefly looking up from her phone. I quickly braid it and head into my bathroom. Putting on a little makeup, not too much though.

“Okay, I’ll see you later, I have some frozen enchiladas in the freezer, and you can heat that up if you need it. I have my phone if you need anything, and if you need to leave early, just text me and I’ll tell Margret I have to go, don’t hesitate to call me. I’m not sure how long I’ll be gone. Maybe, I shouldn’t go. No, I’m sure you got it. Ugh I’m nervous.” I rant slipping on my combat boots.

“Just chill, I got this. I’ve hung out with them multiple times before, and if I get bored I’ll call Michael over.” She says and I nod.

“Okay, thank you so much. Love you, Ri-Ri!” I yell grabbing my purse from the hook and my phone off the table then stepping outside. It’s been too long since I’ve gone somewhere without the twins. Don’t get me wrong, I love spending time with them, but every once in a while I just need to get out by myself. I mean, I love them they can just be quite the handful.

I pull up into an empty parking space in the small coffee shop parking lot. I take a deep breath and step out of the car, grabbing my purse and shutting the door.

“Welcome to Susan’s Café! What can I get you today?” The woman behind the counter asks me as I step forward.

“Umm…can you surprise me? Something with chocolate please.” I say and she nods.

“Are you allergic to anything?” She asks and I shake my head. I look around the small coffee shop. The walls painted a light blue color, the floor tiles all black and slightly white speckled. It’s nice and cozy and just lovely.

“Here you are.” The woman says setting my coffee on the counter. I reach into my purse, feeling my phone vibrate I pull it out along with my wallet, “$3 please.” She says and I hand her the money, grabbing my coffee and pressing answer on my phone.

“Hello?” I ask

“Hey, Aria?” I hear a male voice on the other end.

“This is her.” I smile knowing its Ashton calling me.

“Hey, I was wondering if you would want to hang out tonight. If you’re busy, it’s fine though, we could hang out some other time. You’re probably busy; I don’t know why I called. We can just hang out another day, have a good day Aria”

“Wait!” I say into the phone before he can hang up, “I’m not really doing anything for another hour. I’m at a coffee shop on the corner of 13th and 43rd if you want to come join me.” I smile into the phone, hoping he’ll say yes.

“Sure, do you mind if I bring along a couple of the boys? They’re bored.”

“Go ahead.”

“Are the twins going to be there?”

“No they’re back at the house with my friend Rian, she’s babysitting them.”

“Oh okay. Well, erm, I guess I’ll see you soon, Aria.”

“You too, Ashton.” I smile as I press the end button. Ashton is something else. He seems really cheesy in person and maybe even cocky, but talking to him on the phone he sounds so awkward. Not how I’d expect him to talk.

About 10 minutes later, I see Ashton walk in followed by some Asian looking dude, then the guy I saw at their house lastly…Michael?!

(A/N)

Heyy guys!

I hope you liked this chapter, I really like writing this book, like a lot. Oh, if you were looking for me on Tumblr and couldn't find me it's because I got my numbers wrong haha its datwriterchick112.tumblr.com I thought it was 101 but it's not. Anyway, HAPPY FREAKING THANKSGIVING!! I'm thankful for all of my followers, and everyone who supports me in this book. I'm also thankful for my friends and family who love me<3 I'm thankful for living in America, I'm thankful for all of my favorite singers/bands who've kept me here.

QOTD:

What are YOU thankful for?

I don't have anything else to say... Oh! Thank you guys for 27 reads, although it doesn't sound like much, it means a lot! Oh and I have something big to tell you. So tomorrow my sister is possibly going into labor, it's confusing, which means I may or may not have an update up tomorrow. I might take my laptop to the hospital, but probably not. I will be taking my Kindle though, that way I can read books, and also I have a Microsoft Word app on there so I  can still write, it just wont be as easy. I will try my best to update, but if I can't please understand why. That's all So, if you want to follow me on other social networking sites the information is below.

Email: datwriterchick@gmail.com

Kik: summerlynn1333

Instagram: eiley_is_a_sexayy_beast

Tumblr: datwriterchick122.tumblr.com

Ask.fm: datwriterchick

xx _DatWriterChick xx