4: It Will Be Worth It

“Aria?” Michael says as he walks up next to Ashton.

“Michael?” I say in reply. I mean, I’m just as surprised as he is! Is this his band? Are these the people he always talked about? I mean I never actually saw pictures of them, I always thought he was fronting, I had no idea he was telling the truth.

“What are you doing here?” He asks

“I was meeting up with a lady I met, and the Ashton called.” I explain. He seems overly shocked that I’m here.

“Oh okay.” He calms down slightly.

“Hey, Ashton,” I smile and we awkwardly hug, I don’t even know why I hugged him, this is the first time we’ve hung out. Meh, whatever.

“Hey, Aria, so this is Calum.” He says pointing to the Asian looking one, “And this is Luke.” He says pointing to the other boy who I met at the house when we were delivering cookies and what not.

“Hi, I’m Aria.” I smile and go to shake Calum’s hand but get pulled into a hug instead. The same happens with Luke. These people are very friendly, a little too friendly, but whatever I guess.

“I’m going to go get something to drink.” Luke announces and walks to the counter, Michael and Calum following close behind.

“Aren’t you going to go get something?” I ask him and he shakes his head.

“I want to sit here with you.” He smiles. I shake my head at him still trying to be flirty, but in a bad way.

“So, why are you here by yourself?” He asks and I sip my hot chocolaty coffee that I still don’t know what it is. I’m pretty sure it’s snickers.

“Um, I met this older lady, Margret, and she had twins at 15, as did I, so I thought it would be nice to have someone to talk to that has gone through the same thing, I can talk to Rian but she doesn’t quite understand because she hasn’t gone through it.” I say fiddling with the pink straw in my coffee cup.

“Rian?” He asks, I nod.

“My best friend.” I answer.

“Oh.” He simply replies, he looks uncomfortable or something.

“It’s a girl, don’t worry.” I smile at him, and his face clears of any worry he had before.

“Michael’s girlfriend is named Rian.” He says glancing over at the blue haired boy.

“It’s the same Rian. Small world, huh?” I laugh

“Oh it is?” He asks and I nod, “Wow, that’s cool. Weird we haven’t met before though.”

“Yeah, it is. She said she met him at a party. The same party I got pregnant at.” His face shows slight confusion, but quickly dismisses it.

“Weird, I remember going to a party with him a long time ago. Man that was a fun night. We got so fuc-erm-drunk. It was so much fun. I wonder if Rian is that girl he met at the party. It was about 5 years ago, is that right?” he asks and I nod

“Yeah, they didn’t start dating until two years ago; they had a thing for like 3 years.” I laugh and he nods. Ashton is really easy to get along with. I like him.

“Yeah, weird, really is a small world I guess!” He says as Luke slides in next to me in the booth. Calum slides in next to Ashton and Michael pulls a chair up at the end of the table between me and Ashton.

“What were you guys talking bout?” Michael says sipping his coffee.

“You and Rian,” I say and he nods.