12: Ashamed

“No, they can’t know!” Ashton yells slamming his hands on the steering wheel, cursing under his breath.

“Ashton, calm down.” I say, I reach over grabbing his hand and rubbing circles in it, trying to calm him.

“They know, Aria, everyone knows, I can’t exactly deny it. I’m being seen everywhere with them.” He says squeezing my hand slightly.

“Are you ashamed of them, Ashton?” I ask quietly. He pulls off the road into an empty lot.

“Baby, no, of course not. I’m so not ashamed of them, they’re the best thing that’s happened to me, even if I didn’t know about them, and I just wanted to tell everyone in a more special way than this.” He says grabbing both of my hands. I turn to look at him, looking him in the eyes.

“Then set up an interview to confirm it,” I suggest, he looks at me, his eyes widening slightly.

“Would you come on with me?” He asks I nod smiling like an idiot.

“I’m so glad I met you, Aria,” he says leaning in, his forehead resting against mine.

“I’m glad I met you too, Ashton,” I whisper still looking into his eyes. His lips slowly meet mine.

“Eewwwww!” Both the kids yell in sync, I giggle and pull back from Ashton, but hold onto his hand as we pull into the driveway.

“I’m going to call someone about getting an interview set up,” Ashton says stepping out of the car and helping Brynlee out as I help Bentley. The twins run into the house and Ashton grabs my hand as we walk into the house.

“I’m going to go call them, and see if we can get it done in an hourish,” Ashton says walking down the hall; I decide to call Rian just in case they can get us in today.

“Hey, Aria!” Rian cheers into the phone

“Hey, Ri, so there’s a magazine that is saying the twins are Ashton’s, and he doesn’t want it to get out of hand so he wants to get an interview in as soon as possible to confirm it, so I’ll need you to watch them if that’s okay?” I ask as she gasps.

“He’s going to tell everyone?” She asks excitedly

“Yup!”

“Awesome, well, what if I come with you and then when he says it the twins go running on stage?” She suggests

“If we can get it in soon, and the interviewer will let us, then yeah, that sounds like a great idea!” I say, we say our goodbyes just as Ashton walks back in the room.

“How’d it go?” I ask him standing up from the couch.

“They can get us on in an hour, and we need to be there in a half an hour…so if you want to change you might want to now, cause we got to go.” He says and I nod.

“Oh, hey, Rian said she’ll watch them, but she thought it’d be a cool idea is if when you confirmed that you’re the father if they came running on stage?” I half tell, half suggest

“That sounds like a cool idea; we could talk to them about it.”

**ONE HOUR LATER**

“Ashton, I’m so nervous,” I say holding onto his arm, we were about to walk out on stage, and this is my first time being on live television, like ever.

“Calm down, babe, I’ll be right there,” He smiles and pecks my lips before we’re given our cue to go on stage. We intertwine our fingers and walk out on stage, plastering large fake smiles on our faces as we make our way to the black couch. Ashton sits down closest to the Candice, the interviewer, and I sit next to him, holding his hand with my legs crossed.

“Nice to meet you both,” Candice says smiling a large, obviously botoxed, smile, I smile back at her.

“You too,” Ashton and I say at the same time, I blush slightly, and look down at my lap.

“So, is this Aria? The beautiful girl we’ve heard so much about?” Candice asks

“Yes, this is my beautiful girlfriend Aria,” Ashton says kissing my cheek.

“So, Aria, how is it being the famous Ashton Irwin’s girlfriend?” Candice asks me, Ashton trained me on how to answer questions on the way here; he quizzed me on this exact question.

“Honestly, he’s amazing and I couldn’t imagine a better boyfriend, he’s amazing.” I smile confidently.

“Aw!” Candice shrieks, “Have you gotten any hate on Twitter for being his girlfriend?”

“I actually don’t have a Twitter, so no.” I giggle and Candice nods her head. We go through a few more questions, and it’s now about 15 minutes into our 20 minute interview.

“So, before we head out, I heard there was some big news that you wanted to share,” Candice says looking at Ashton, we both look at him. He squeezes my hand and I squeeze it back, giving him the go ahead.

“I’ve seen recently on covers of magazines, of pictures with two kids who shall not be named, I’m assuming you’ve seen these as well?” Ashton asks the interviewer.

“Yes, of course, they’re everywhere,” She replies, Ashton nods, squeezing my hand tighter, I can see how nervous he is.

“Well, I just want to say that those rumors,” Ashton gulps taking a small pause, he’s honestly making me nervous, “Are false.”

 (A/N)

BOOM! BET YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING THAT NOW WERE YOU!

MUAHAHAHHA! I'm so proud of myself right now, okay so anywho, I'm sooo sorry I haven't been updating as regularly. I have school and editing to do as well, and TOTW to work on [which will be posted right after this chapter] As well as I wrote a two page Christmas letter to my brother...so yeah. Anywho, I don't have very exciting news to tell you guys....hmmm...nope! So instead of listing my social networking sites at the end of every chapter, I'm going to post them on my profile, so if you want them they're on there.

QOTD:

What do you think about the plot twist?

Why do you think Ashton lied about it?

I hope you liekd this chapter! I loved writing it, I just want you to know I seriously contempleted on him telling the truth or not for a good 30 mintues. It serioulsy was that hard of a decision! Haha

I LOVE YOU ALL MY PRETZELS!!!xx :) <3

xx _DatWriterChick xx