9: Will You?

SONGS:

Uncle Kracker-Smile

The Script-Hurricanes

All Time Low-Guts

“I just have another bag of clothes, and then we’ll have everything.” Ashton tells me as we pull up to his house for the third time today. We moved literally everything, he decided he’ll take the guest bedroom, but he’ll probably end up sleeping in my room.

“Good, I’m tired and I’m sure the kids miss me.” I say and he rolls his eyes playfully. The kids are with Rian and Michael; they agreed to watch them while we moved. We walk up to the front door and Ashton opens the door, we walk down the familiar hallway, passing Calum and Luke in the living room playing some video game, yelling profanities at the telly.

“Is this is?” I ask him looking around his room as he grabs two bags of clothes, one more than he told me he had.

“Yeah, the bed can stay in here; they’ll find some use from it.” He says walking out of the bedroom; I follow behind him taking in features of the house I hadn’t noticed the other two times. I don’t think they decorated this; it looks too good for them to have done it.

“All of our mums decorated the house.” Ashton says as if reading my mind, “could you grab the box of cookies out of the kitchen, I bought them and I’m taking them.” I nod heading off to the kitchen, finding Calum standing there.

“So, you’re taking Ashton?” Calum says drinking from a beer.

“Yeah, guess so.” I say looking around for the box of cookies he was talking about.

“He never did tell us why he’s moving out so suddenly, he said just cause, why is he moving?” Calum asks and I shrug my shoulders. Ashton didn’t tell them about the new role he’s taking on, I probably shouldn’t tell them, allow Ashton to do that himself.

“I know you know, Aria.” He pushes.

“Maybe I do, maybe I don’t, either way he didn’t tell you so maybe he doesn’t want you to know.” I challenge spotting the cookies; I reach to the corner of the counter and grab the blue box before turning on my heel.

“Don’t get pregnant.” He taunts, “Oh wait, you already were.” He smirks.

“Listen, I don’t know what your problem with me is, but you can shut up. Just cause I got pregnant doesn’t mean anything, and it sure as hell doesn’t mean you can talk about it, kay? Thanks.” I say turning on my heel again and walking out the front door. I don’t like that guy, he seemed so nice when I met him at coffee, but I guess he isn’t actually like that, or maybe he is, just not to me.

---

“I was thinking we could go out for dinner tonight.” Ashton says, “Maybe with Rian and Michael?”

“Yeah, somewhere sort of nice?” I ask him as we pull into Rian’s driveway to pick the kids up.

“Sure, maybe that Italian place near the market?” He says shutting off the car.

“Sure.” I walk up to Rian’s door and decide it’d be better to knock. Rian opens the door, Michael right behind her.

“Hey guys, the kids are in the living room playing.” She says I step inside hugging her.

“Did you tell Michael?” I whisper in her ear during the hug, she whispers no back. I nod pulling back from the hug and walking into the living room.

“MOMMY!!!” They yell running towards me and attacking my legs in a hug, I squat down giving them individual hugs, then they run back to their position on the floor.