22: School Days

The annoying beeping of my alarm clock wakes me. I groan rolling over slapping the alarm clock’s snooze button, silencing it. Ashton was still asleep, glad he can sleep through annoying ass alarms.

I slip on a shirt and throw my hair in a bun and walk down the hall, stopping at Ella’s door and knocking on it.

“El, you up?” I ask through the door.

“Yeah!” she says loudly which must mean she’s in the bathroom. I tell her I’m going to make breakfast and walk down the stairs and into the kitchen, trying to grab pans quietly, but epically failing dropping all the pans on the floor. Ashton runs down the stairs and in the kitchen

“Are you okay?” He asks as I put all the pans back into the cupboard

“I am, the pans on the other hand, are not. Go back to bed babe.” I say turning on the stove to heat up the pan and grabbing eggs.

“Why are you up at 6 freaking 30 anyway?” He asks pulling himself up on the counter.

“Today is Ella’s first day of school, Ash,” I crack eggs against the edge of the bowl and drop them into the bowl to be mixed.

“Oh yeah, I want to go with you,” he says, “I talked to Rian last night, her and Michael are watching the kids and we’re going to go out to lunch because we need to go out to lunch.” He says I turn around smiling, and walk towards him. I stand between his legs and put my hands on his thighs covered by the thin material of plaid boxers; he cups my face in his large hands and brings my face closer to his, our lips barely apart. I feel his hot breath against my cheek as he leans in farther, finally connecting our lips. Our lips move in sync, not breaking from one another. His tongue grazes my lip as he begs for entrance. I open my mouth, allowing him access.

“Um, hello! PDA!” Ella says walking in the kitchen. Ashton and I separate and I notice Ashton is not only in his boxers, but shirtless as well. Talk about a good morning for Ella, seeing my gorgeous boyfriend.

“Morning, El,” I smile at her and she gives a slight smile back. She’s dressed in black skinny jeans, black VANS, a grey knitted sweater and white scarf, her blonde hair in curls with a grey beanie sitting on top of her head.

“You aren’t showing in that shirt,” I comment stirring the eggs around in the pan, getting them to scramble.

“That’s why I picked it,” she smiles nervously.

“I’m going to go get dressed,” Ashton comments

“No, you’re good just the way you are,” I wink at him and he laughs lightly

“She isn’t kidding!” Ella says as he passes her.

“Hey, my boyfriend, practically your brother,” I say to her turning off the stove and putting eggs on the plate,