8: Postive or Negtive

Songs for this chapter:

Rascal Flatts-My Wish

Little Mix-Change Your Life

Eminem-Not Afraid

“Where are the pictures?” I ask Rian as I open the door for her, she quickly hands me a camera and I walk over to my computer, plugging in a USB to the camera and waiting for the pictures to load.

“Do you remember anything from that night? You said you didn’t drink much right?” I ask Rian while waiting for the pictures.

“I had a few shots, I remember that. I remember I took pictures with Michael and I remember watching you walk to the bathroom, I didn’t see who or anything. I saw brown hair, but that doesn’t explain much.” She says. I look back to the computer where pictures are loading, I click on the first one, a picture of me and Rian before we left I remember taking that.

More pictures, no answers.

I keep going through the pictures, I’m not finding anything. This is not working.

“Ugh. There’s nothing.” I groan exiting out of the last picture.

“Wait, there’s one more.” Ashton says grabbing the mouse and opening it. It’s a picture of Michael and Rian, I see myself in the background, holding someone’s hand walking down a hall. I look at the person’s hand I’m holding.

“It’s me.” Ashton whispers, stepping away from the computer.

“You-you’re” I can’t even make a full sentence, I keep staring at the computer screen, I see the drunken smile on my face, my bloodshot eyes. His lust filled, drunk eyes.

“I-I’m a” he pauses, “I’m a father.” He says finally. I can’t pull my eyes from the screen. After 5 years, I found the baby daddy, and he’s a drummer from a boy band.

“You’re their dad.” I whisper pulling my eyes from the screen, but not looking at him. I look at the floor.

“Thank you for helping, Rian, you can stay if you’d like.” I say looking up at her briefly.

“No, its fine, I need to get back, Michael is on his way over. I’m glad I could help. I’ll see you later, Aria.” She says hugging me, “Bye, Ashton.” He mumbles a ‘bye’ in response then sits down on the couch, Rian shows herself out.

“Now what do we do?” Ashton asks after moments of silence.

“I don’t know. Do you want to be involved in their lives?” I ask him, finally making eye contact.

“Are you serious? Yes, I want to be in their lives. I don’t want to just make them and let you care for them.” He says sounding hurt.

“I’m sorry, I had to ask. Okay, what now?” I ask

“I want to move in, if that’s okay with you, of course. I can stay in the guest bedroom. I just want to be closer to them, I don’t want them thinking I only come by every once in a while.” He surprised me by how much responsibility he’s taking on. Moving in is a huge step and we aren’t even dating.

“I want to tell my grandma about you, or maybe you can meet her, but my grandmother was who got me through this when you weren’t here.” I say, immediately regretting my words.

“I wasn’t here because I didn’t know they existed, Aria!” He says standing up from the couch.

“I know, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that. I was just saying she helped me until I was able to get on my feet.” I say trying to calm him; I don’t want to fight with him after we just found out this major news.

“Okay, I’m sorry for raising my voice,” He says sitting down again, “I just don’t know how to deal with this, I don’t know what to do or say, I’m new to all of this.” He says running his hands over his face and through his hair.

“I am too.”

“How are you new to this? You’ve taken care of them for 5 years.”

“I’m new to having someone helping me with them, I’m new to not having to cook breakfast, lunch, dinner every day, new to not putting them to bed and waking them up every morning, new to all of this, Ashton. You have to remember I’ve taken care of them by myself for five years, and now all of a sudden we think you’re the dad, so I have someone to help me. You have to remember that I don’t know how to share responsibility.” I say looking him directly in the eyes.

“And you need to remember that I’m completely new to all of this, Aria, I’m new to the thought of having to take care of two human beings, that need to be fed and dressed and everything. I’m new to the responsibility in general. I’m new to this parenting thing, I need to adapt to your parenting style and learn how you do things. I won’t have full control and I need to remember that, but I’ll need your help with all of this.” He says

“So it looks like we’ll both need help, just in different areas.” I say and he nods.

“I’m going to be right back.” I say standing up from the chair and grabbing my keys

“Where are you going?” He asks

“To the mini mart up the road, I’m going to get a paternity test.” I say stepping out into the cold, late night air. I walk over to my car opening the door and sitting there a minute before pulling out of the driveway and driving down the street to the minimart.

---

“Do you know where your paternity tests are?” I ask the elderly woman behind the counter. She nods and we walk to the section and points to them.

“Thank you.” I smile at her.

“You’re welcome. You should know who the father is before you have sex with him.” She grumbles.

“Maybe I should, but I’m sure you’ve never made mistakes right? I’m sure you’re perfect, and even if I have made mistakes, those two kids are the best things that have to me.” I say loudly.

“I’m sure they are. I’m sorry; we just get a lot of teen moms who think it’s all holly jolly to have a kid.” She says

“Whatever.” I say to her, she might have just apologized to me, but she was disrespectful to me, so not accepting it. I grab a paternity test that says it only takes a few minutes to show results.

---

The alarm on my phone sounds and I look at Ashton who has an excited, yet nervous look in his eyes. I read the instructions on how to tell if it’s positive or negative, it’s sort of like a pregnancy test. I slowly pick it up reading the results

“You’re a father.” I whisper

(A/N)

Hey guys!

So here is chapter 8:) I hope you liked this chapter! So the three songs are My Wish by Rascal Flatts, Not Afraid by Eminem and Change Your Life by Little Mix. I feel like they're sort of self-explainitary if you listen to them.

QOTD:

Opinion on the book so far?

Am I moving the plot moving too fast?

Social:

Email; datwriterchick@gmail.com

Kik; summerlynn1333

Tumblr(Personal); once-upon-a-wonderland-.tumblr.com

Tumblr; datwriterchick112.tumblr.com

Instagram; eiley_is_a_sexayy_beast

Polyvore; summerlynn112

YouTube; DatWriter Chick

Ask.fm; datwriterchick

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!:) xx <3

xx _DatWriterChick xx