13: Family?

He just denied our own children, on public television. He looks at me with sad eyes and then back at Candice.

“So whose kids are they?” She asks looking between us; I decide to just go along with it, not wanting to cause a scene.

“They’re Aria’s from a past relationship,” Ashton answers for me, I smile and nod at her. I then drop Ashton’s hand and acting like I had to move my hair out of my face then setting it in my lap.

“Well that’s all we got for today!” Candice says, I drown her out, plastering a fake smile on my face. The stage lights turn off and I walk off stage, not waiting for Ashton.

“Aria! Wait!!” He yells to me, I stop and turn to him

“Wait for what, Ashton? Wait for you to want to admit it to the world that we had kids together? Wait for you to own up to the fact that you created those kids and even though you weren’t there they’re your responsibility too now? What should I wait for, huh?” I ask on the verge of tears, but not allowing myself to cry.

“No. I’, not ashamed of them, I’m not ashamed of anything; I’m not ashamed of you. I don’t know why I did that, I-I...”

“Stop, Ashton, just stop. I can’t deal with this, I finally found who their dad was, who just happens to be a famous pop star, and he turns out just like the rest. You didn’t care about them, you don’t care about them. You just don’t want your reputation ruined! I can’t believe I fell for it, I thought you were truly different, I thought you might actually stay and help out with them, but no! I should’ve known. You’re just a freaking arrogant pop star who doesn’t care about anything except for himself, not even his on children!” I yell at him, he takes a step closer to me. Trying to intimidate me by our height difference, but it’s not working. I’m not standing up for myself right now I’m standing up for my kids.

“You know that’s not true, Aria, you know I care about you and the kids more than anything in the world,”

“You don’t show it, you don’t show it,” I say to him, Rian must’ve taken the kids somewhere else knowing how pissed I would be after he said such a thing. It wouldn’t matter as much if he denied them to a magazine, but this is public television, live even. Speaking of live, they can probably hear us out there; Candice is doing another interview after us and just put two interviews in one.

“I’ll make this up to you, Aria; I’ll make it up to the twins. I’ll even make it up to your grandmother. I’ll make it up to Rian! I’ll do whatever it takes. Let me show you I really do care, please, Aria,” He begs

“No, Ashton, you’re just like the rest, you don’t care, stop trying” I say turning and walking away, I let a tear fall down my cheek, my heels clicking on the tiled floor. I feel a hand wrap around my wrist pulling me back.

“I’ll never stop trying, not now, and not ever. Because I care about you so much, and the kids, so damn much.” He says, before I can stop him he latches his lips onto mine and kisses me passionately. I pull back from him. His hand cups my cheek, the pad of his thumb wiping away the tear that had fallen down my cheek.

“I know you felt that, Aria, you know how right we are for each other and it scares you,” He says

“No, I’m not scared of it; I’m scared you’ll leave me and the kids like everyone else has,”

“Let me prove it to you,” He whispers.

“How?” I whisper back

“Like this,” He turns around walking to the stage, I follow closely behind him and once I catch up with him he grabs my hand. I quickly wipe my cheek hoping to get rid of any eyeliner or mascara that had fallen down my cheek.

“I’m sorry, Candice, but I have to say this,” He says, Candice doesn’t try to stop him; she and her guest sit there staring at Ashton, as do I.

“This girl right here means the world to me, she is everything I’ve wanted for a while, and it’s taken me a while to find her. I had her once before and let her go, because back then I didn’t realize what I was losing, I didn’t realize I was losing the one thing that would hold my world together,” He pauses and takes both of my hands making me face him, “You said I had to make it up to you, so here I am making it up to you. Aria Simone, you are the best thing that’s ever happened to me, and I’m so, so, so incredibly sorry. I was scared, scared of what everyone else would think about it, but I shouldn’t care what they think because this is my family, and it’s a perfect family. I hear Rian quietly tell the kids to run out on stage. Ashton looks behind me and smiles a large smile, they run into his arms and he picks up both of them.

“Everyone, I have an announcement!” He says putting the twins down and wrapping an arm around my waist, another resting on Brynlee’s head to hold her still.

“I lied earlier, I was terrified of what everyone else would think about this, but the truth is, these are my kids. They are a result of a one night stand that I thought was the worst night of my life, but now, looking back on it I couldn’t have hoped for a better turn out. These kids are my life, I love them dearly.” He lets go of my waist and squats down to the kid’s level, grabbing one of both of their arms, he gently turns them towards him.

“Brynlee, Bentley, I am your daddy. And I just want you to know, I’m so so sorry for not being a good daddy for so long, but I’m here now, and Mommy and Daddy are going to take very good care of you, because we’re a family. I love you both so much.” He says pulling them in for a hug, then setting them down and watching them run off stage.

“And to you, Aria, I can’t say I love you yet, because that’s a strong word. Aria, I care so deeply for you, and I love that I’ve met you, because you’re the best thing that’s happened to me.” He pulls me in for a tight hug, then releases and kisses my forehead.

Maybe family is possible after all…

(A/N)

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter, so yeah Asharia is back together! Whoop-dee-do! But watch out *CAUTION SIGN* DRAMA AHEADDDD! uh ohh!

QOTD:

Favorite part of this chapter and/or book so far?

Mine would have to be the huge plot twist last chapter, I absolutely loved writing it!

So nothing much to say...TOTW will be updated tomorrow, hopefully, not sure yet...I'll try to update close to everyday during the Christmas break because I still have 30+ chapters to write! So maybe some double updates? I think yuss! Probably not tonight, but I really need to get caught up on my schedule because for the new year I have The Dreamer and The Memory Book coming out...so yeahh new stories for the New Year! I also have been thinking about a YouTuber fanfic What do you think about that? I'd be an o2l/Joey Graceffa one...I wasn't quite sure LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!! xx

I LOVE YOU ALL MY PRETZELS!!:) xx <3

DEDICATED TO excuses_excuses because she left the best comment ever on my last chapter and I love you! xx

xx _DatWriterChick xx