19: Phase Two; Status-Failure

“I DON’T LIKE THIS!” Ella yelled from beside me, I, on the other hand, was enjoying it. I actually like horror movies, and since it looks like we’ll be having a sleep over tonight; and the kids are asleep; it was a perfect opportunity. Sadly; Plan Two of Mission ‘Get Luke and Ella together’ has failed miserably. No matter how much she squirms or cries or screams, Luke doesn’t do anything but laugh at her. Maybe, I’m not as good of a match maker as I thought I was. But hey, it was worth a shot.

“I’m tired of hearing her scream,” I said and stood up. I push the button on the DVD player revealing a shiny disk with a haunting face on the front. We’d watched The Purge, which I’ve watched at least a thousand times, Ella hasn’t and neither had Calum or Michael so we decided to watch it.

“What should we watch?” I ask nobody in particular, I get a mix of responses and look at the large collection of movies that I’d formed over the years. Being a single mother, living alone, I didn’t have much to do so most times when I went shopping I’d buy a movie or two and eventually I just got a collection of them.

“What about Taken?” I ask them and everyone agrees, even Ella whose pretty girly-girl. I put the disk in the player and walk over to the couch; stealing a glance at Ella who gives me an expression that says she needs to talk to me.

“Ella, come help me make popcorn,” I say and she stands up following me into the kitchen

“You need to take these too,” I say handing her the pill she’s supposed to take. She takes her pill as I put the popcorn in the microwave.

“What’s up with you two?” I ask her and she shrugs

“I don’t know! I was like screaming and everything, acting scared even if it wasn’t that scary and he just laughed! This isn’t working, Aria,” she groans

“I know, I know, I’ll figure something out,” I say turning to the popcorn, grabbing it out of the microwave and putting it in a bowl, then throwing in another package.

“Popcorn takes forever,” Ella groans and I nod agreeing, “School starts soon,” Ella says for what seems like the 20th time.

“Something’s going on, El, you’ve mentioned that school is starting soon about 20 times in the past day,” I say looking over at her and she shakes her head.

“What’s going on?” I ask her and she continues trying to deny it.

“C’mon, I know you’re lying,” I say and she sighs

“I’m obviously going to get bigger, how am I going to hide it? I’ll get made fun of, and called a slut.” She says gesturing to her belly, which you can’t actually tell that she’s pregnant unless she’s in a tight shirt or it’s pulled up.

“You’re going to have to go though, there’s no getting out of it.” I say and she groans, then opens her mouth to say something but gets interrupted by Ashton walking in.

“Hey, babe, can I talk to you?” Ashton says