Falling

It was so evident. In the way that she walks and the way that she moved the fabric of her dress in the night air, that she was moving in the name of love, in the name of Michael.

Intense feelings of love came over her like a crash of snow, untamed and cold on her lips as she talked to the Gods above.

"This king, this handsome king. Do I deserve that of his looks, that of his entire being, or is this just a taste of my limitless dream?"

She knew the gods would not openly reply, but she wanted to say out loud, everything that was on her mind. The night was getting increasingly cold, she opened the door and went straight to her room.

"My dear sister, we need to talk... it's been too long. I respect you, and I know I've already done enough, but whom is deserving of that smile that is printed across your lips?"

Lithia was waiting for her. She needed to talk to her about her big day coming up, her birthday. She didn't expect to pick up from where she left off with her king. However, here she was face to face with her sisters unwillingness to tell her the truth.

"I enjoyed the night breeze, the smile upon my lips is to keep me as young as I would like to be, forever as a queen."

Agitation cloaked lithia's spirit. However she was determined to find things out on her own. Hands on both of leta's shoulders, she led her over to the mirror.

"Now visualize the kind of dress you would like to lay your hands on for the coming of this party."

Leta turned around to face her sister. Her mind was blank, she chanted the word "party" in her mind, but it was no use. She forgot the birthday of her own sister, purely for the sake of love.

"Not from your lips will you utter your truth of your forgotten memory of the day I laid eyes on this earth."

Leta looked down in shame, she was about to call after her sister but her sister was gone before she could even speak.

Vote

Comment

Thank you for reading.