7: Apologies

"I have the day off today," I told Tyler. He was buttoning his shirt in the mirror.

"Really?"

"Yea. Could I come by the store sometime today? I'd love to check it out." Tyler nodded and I smiled. "And I want to see more of you in that shirt," I added. He laughed and rolled his eyes at me through the mirror.

"I own this shirt, Josh. You can see me in it anytime." I walked up behind him and slid my arms around his waist, placing a kiss to his neck. He shivered at the action and I smiled into the kiss. I trailed my lips to his jaw and I saw him bite his lip in the mirror. "J-josh. I gotta, um, I'm gonna be late. I can't be late my second week."

"I- Know- Tyler-" I said between kisses. I pulled away and he turned to face me. I kissed his lips sweetly before letting him go.

"I love you," he breathed.

"I know," I said, smiling. "I love you, too." I gave him one last kiss before watching him leave the apartment.

I looked around me and tried to find something to do for a while. My eyes landed on the sink and I sighed. There were dishes piling up. I clicked on the tv and began washing.

By the time the episode of Ancient Aliens ended, the dishes were all cleaned. I wiped my hands on the dish towel and dropped onto the couch with a huff. A new episode began and I decided to stay and watch it.

One more episode became 4 more and when I checked the time I saw it was 1pm. I got up from the couch  and turned it off before heading out the door.

I walked down the street nervously. I didn't know why I was nervous. I was just going to a music store. It wasn't until I was nearly at the door when I remembered why I was nervous. Brendon and Dallon were going to be there. I stopped walking and took a deep breath.

Just go in. This has to happen, sooner or later. I thought.

I pushed open the door and heard a bell chime.

"I'll be right with you!" a male voice called from within the rows of shelves. I recognized the voice as Dallon and waited for him to appear. Sure enough, his tall form emerged from the jazz section.

"How can I help-" he said, looking down at a stack of records he was carrying. He stopped talking when he looked up and saw me. "Oh, uh, hello, Josh."

"Hi," I replied. I cringed at the shakiness of my words and forced myself to calm down.

"How have you been?" He sounded as if he really cared about my answer.

"Good. How about you?"

"I've been good," he smiled. "Anything in particular I can help you find?"

"No. I just wanted to check the place out. I'm new to the neighborhood."

"Oh really? Where at?"

"An apartment building a couple blocks that way," I said, gesturing out the window.

"Cool. My apartment is a few blocks the other direction." I nodded in response. "Well, if you need anything, I'll be at the counter." I thanked him and began walking through the shelves. I pulled out my phone to text Tyler and see where he was.

Jish: I'm at the store. Where are you?
Ty: I should be there soon. I was on my lunch break

Duh

Jish: Oh okay. I'll see ya soon ❤️
Ty: ❤️

"Josh?" I turned around and saw Brendon. He looked exactly the same except for his hair. It was instead shaved on the sides and quaffed up. He looked like the fuckboy he was.

"Hi, Brendon." My voice came out as almost a whisper.

"Hi," he said, smiling. "Can I, um, can we talk?" He sounded so afraid and I tried not to feel bad for him.

"Sure." He started walking away and I followed, my nerves shaking my body. He led me to an office and pulled open the door. I walked in after him.

"Let me start by apologizing," he said after taking a deep breath. It seemed like he was really struggling. "You didn't deserve any of that crap I did to you. You didn't deserve me using you like that."

"Yea, I didn't." I bit my tongue after the words left my lips. I wanted to listen to him but my anger was rising.

"I'm so sorry. And I know apologizing won't change anything. I'm not an idiot. Well, not a complete one at least." He chuckled lightly at his own joke but I stayed stagnant. "I just want you to know that I've changed and realized how shitty I was."

"Thanks. That's really mature of you."

"I really did love you," he said. His voice was soft and quiet. I was almost sure I'd misheard him. Just as I was about to question him, the door swung open.

"Oh, uh, there you guys are," Tyler stammered. "Dallon told me he saw you come back here."

"Yea, we were just, um, catching up," Brendon said.

"Well, great. Come on, Josh. I'll show you around the store." He grabbed my hand in his and led me out the door, leaving Brendon alone. We stopped when we were in a back corner alone. He turned so he was facing me, still holding my hands. "Are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine," I said, smiling.

"What did he say?"

"What you said he would," I replied, shrugging. "He apologized."

"And you're sure you're okay with that?"

"I mean, it's gonna take me some time to forgive him. He put me through so much shit." I ran my hands through my hair. "But, he seems sincere."

Before I knew it, Tyler's lips were on mine. When he pulled away I just looked at him.

"What was that for?"

"I don't know," he said, truthfully. "For giving this a chance."

"Tyler? You're needed at the front register," a voice called from the front. He sighed and looked down at our hands.

"I'll see you when I get home," he said. I kissed his cheek before letting his hands go. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

---------
A/N
Sorry this took a bit
I hope it doesn't suck

A quick thank you for 3K reads on Down In the Forest. I never expected to get so many and it makes me so happy that people enjoy my writing ❤️

|-/