Coming Home

I unlocked my front door with my purple key that was attached to a lime green keychain.
The door swung open with a creak I entered and fell to my knees when I saw two blood-stained bodies lying in the middle of my living room.
"No." I gasped, " This can't be happening. This can't be happening. This can't be happening." I quickly gathered myself and took out my phone dialing 9-1-1 as fast as possible; but I'm no Flash.
"9-1-1. What's your emergency?" The female operator asked calmly.
"M-my parents... They've been murdered p-please come help!" I begged.
"I'd hand over that phone if I were you." A deep and quiet voice suggested. I turned around and couldn't help but drop my jaw when I saw a man with a face painted white, a red smile and green hair. Before I could whisper for help the phone was snatched of my hand. He put the phone up to his ear.
"Listen here lady," he demanded of the operator, "I've got a bomb in this house- it'll detonate in four hours. And unless the big bad bat and his bat brat decide to show up and save her she's going with it. But no matter what, this house is going up in flames." He laughed maniacally and then hung up. He looked at me as he fixed his purple suit and slicked back his green hair.
"What do you want!?" I yelled angrily.
"Oh... Nothing much, Dolores. Except your power. Well I can't obtain it. But I can obtain you and that's close enough." I rolled my eyes so far back I hurt my head.
"Then why would you try to get Batman and Robin here? You clearly don't want me saved." I scoffed.
"You don't get it my dear. I want them to go with the house." He laughed again then stopped quickly to look at me, "Why aren't you crying?"
"W-what?" Joker got really close to me. Our noses were touching. I had half a mind to spit in his face... But I didn't want him mad.
"Why. Aren't. You. Crying?" I put a finger up to my cheek; right under my eye- dry. I shook my head.
"I- I don't know." I sighed.
"Are you not upset that I murdered your parents in cold blood? Do not understand the concept of death? Or are you insane and do understand the concept but just like it?"
"I'm not crazy." I stated angrily.
"Then which is it... Doll face?" My faced became very red and my blood boiled. I grabbed his shoulders then tilted my head back swinging it forward, to his still super close face, hitting him in the nose with all I had. He tumbled backwards a couple steps then began laughing.
'Screw it. I'm using my powers'. I thought. I quickly took the form of either the person he fears or loves the most. Joker removed his hand from his nose and looked at me; Or should I say he looked at...
"Harley?" He asked me.
'Does he mean Haley Quinn? I sure hope so.'
"Of course it is." I squeaked while twirling my left pigtail around my index finger, "I've been lookin' all over for'ya." I gave him a grin and crinkled my nose. He walked over to me and wrapped me in a hug.
"I've missed you so much!" He exclaimed, pulling me in for a kiss. I tried my best not to gag.

     •••Dick/ Robin's P.O.V.•••
I stepped out of the Batmobile with haste. We had gotten an alert telling us that the Joker was holding a hostage and threatening to blow up the house in which she was being held. I reached the front of the house. I took a look inside and saw Dolly kissing Joker, she looked like she was about to be sick.

       But she wasn't trying to push him away. I knitted my eyebrows together and motioned for Bats to come where I was. I pointed into the window, he didn't look as surprised as I felt.
"What's going on?" I whispered loudly . He motioned for me to be quiet and to follow him to the front door.

     Dolly's P.O.V.
      Joker pulled away from me slowly. His red lips, that must've stained spots of my face, pulled into an even wider smile. I felt chills run down my spine. His warm smile quickly morphed into an angry frown.
"Harley?"
"Y-yes?" I asked.
"How did we meet?" He questioned as he gripped my shoulders tightly.
"Um... We were doing that one crime together..."
"Wrong!" He yelled slamming me against the wall. One of the shelves fell and landed on my head, everything began to go blurry, then it went black.

   Dick's P.O.V.
      I watched Dolly get knocked out by a shelf that was once nailed to the wall above her head. I leapt forward but Batman held me back by my shoulder.
"Let go." I growled demandingly.
"Just wait." He said nonchalantly in his deep voice. I looked up at the sky... It was beginning to get dark.
"I can't wait." I pushed his hand off but he latched on once again.

   Dolly's P.O.V.
     'Wake up, Dolly. Wake up. Wake! Up!'
'That's not the voice of my thoughts'I thought wondering about the first voice that told me to wake up. It didn't sound familiar at first, but then I realized who's it was- my mom's- my real mom; the one from the circus. I woke up and bolted upright, panting heavily. I looked around; I couldn't see Joker. I didn't think he would just leave, not after the whole him wanting to obtain my powers ordeal. I stood slowly and began to leave the house.
"I'm not that easy to get away from!" An eeiry voice laughed from behind. I felt a tug on my left wrist from behind. I grabbed it with my right hand and spun around, twisting his hand and bringing it up to my chest as I did so.
"How did you know about my powers?" I snarled. Joker smirked, just as we was about to open his mouth, to say who knows what, I heard a thud and Joker went unconscious. When Joker's head lowered a certain distance a new head came into view.
"What was that for!?" I yelled angrily.
"You mean the saving your life part?" He asked irritably.
"I had him!"
"No you did-".
"Robin! I told you to wait." A new and older voice joined the conversation.
"But why?" Boy Wonder questioned, "I didn't want her to get hurt!"
"First of all you do as I say when I say, that's always been the agreement. And second I told you to wait because I wanted to see how she handled the situation." Batman answered. Now it was my turn to speak up
"Okay. Well now that you've answered Robin's questions I have a few of my own."
"Shoot." Batman allowed.
"First what do you mean how I handled the situation?" I used air quotes.
"I knew you could handle the situation with no doubts. But I just wanted to see how you handled it."
"What made you think I could handle it?"
"I know your special."
"You mean you know about my powers?"
"Yes. In fact..."

A/N: That's the end of another chapter. Don't worry if its not too good right now. It'll pick up. XOXO😘😘😘