Welcome To Happy Harbor: Part 4

"When he tries it, bloody nose."
"Dude!" 
"Here's something I can do." Megan quickly tried to shift the topic to stuff she was capable of,  "Camouflage mode." I looked around the ship but I couldn't really see a difference. She later explained it was only on the outside.

     "Red Tornado to Miss Martian.
An emergency alert has been triggered At the Happy Harbor power plant. I suggest you investigate covertly. I'm sending coordinates." Red Tornado's voice explained over the intercom.
"Received. Adjusting course." Her voice changed- she seemed more serious.

     "Tornado's keeping us busy again." Robin scoffed while looking outside the window at the power plant we had just arrived to.
"Well, a simple fire led you to
Superboy. We should find out what caused the alert." Megan's attempt to remain optimistic put me in an even worse mood.
"I think I know the cause." Superboy looked out the window at the twister coming our way.
"Get out of the way!" I ordered to Megan who just sat there dumbstruck before moving; not quickly enough.

     We were sucked up into the twister, spinning uncontrollably, twisting upside down and rocking side to side. We all grunted while trying to keep our breakfast down. I grabbed Robin's hand for comfort and he gave me a reassuring squeeze. Megan got ahold of herself; she managed to get us out then parked on the ground. We all quickly tumbled out.

     I looked at Robin; he nodded and we ran to the building.
"Ha ha ha."
"Tee hee hee." A large red robot with a scarf wrapped around it's neck stood in the opening. I gave it evil glare before taking one of my explosive bird-a-rangs from my back pocket. I threw them at the twister creating robot but he just blew them away.
"Ugh!" I groaned- for once I would like an enemy who was phased by my attacks- it would be a real confidence booster right about now.

     Robin ran towards the machine (prepared to do who knows what) but ended up being blown into the concrete wall and letting out a moan
"Who's your new friend?" Superboy asked, he had crouched down next to Robin.
"Didn't catch his name."I hissed.
"But he plays kinda rough." Robin pouted, clutching his side.
"My apologies. You may address me as Mr. Twister." The red robot greeted while creating winds that pushed us backwards, Supey fought through it though; he managed to get reasonably close to Mr. Twister.

     Twister wouldn't have it though. He created a twister that forced SB into a wall, leaving a big crack where his back slammed into it. Wally was next to run in and attack it- he ended with the same result as Superboy except he was thrown outside. Then Aqualad and Megan charged the robot, again, they were blown backwards. I noticed Rob pull something from underneath his jacket (I was behind him now).
"I was prepared to be challenged by a superhero. I was not, however, expecting children." I took out the last bird-a-rang I concealed in my back pocket.
"We're not children!" We yelled  simultaneously as we both threw bird-a-rangs at him. My blue one was blown away but that gave Rob's red one the opportunity to stick in his chest. He flicked it away and it exploded of to the side.

     "Objectively, you are. Have you no adult supervision? I find your presence here quite disturbing." The machine spoke with impatience as the my team (minus Walls) gathered around Rob and I.
"Well, we hate to see you disturbed.
Let's see if you're more turbed once we kick your can!" Robin yelled. Megan used her telekinesis to remove the metal that blocked a large gush of fog, it was now distracting enough for SB to have a chance at him: FAIL! It resulted in him being thrown back into Megan.

     I ran in, Robin and Aqualad on either side of me. Mr. Twister used his wind to pick us up, he slammed Kaldur and Dick into each other while I was lucky enough to be sandwiched in between them then thrown back onto the floor. Robin was on his back; I was laying on top of him with our stomachs touching, creating the + shape.
"Sorry." I groaned, knowing that my extra weight on him was no picnic.

      "Indeed. That was quite turbing. Thank you." I groaned as I tried to push myself off the ground. It wasn't until Rob sat up that I finally got enough force to stand on my feet. I stuck a hand out for Robin, which he gratefully accepted, and pulled him up the best I could.

      I brushed a bunch dirt off of my shorts. I looked at Robin, he hesitantly tucked a dirty locke of my hair behind my ear- his facial expression had no emotions in it. Before anymore words or action could be exchanged he ran off to help the others up.

     "Guys! Wally!" I called when I noticed Walls outside confronting the robot. We quickly ran outside when we saw him getting picked up by a twister. He let out a scream as he was thrown towards the building in which we were emerging.

     "I got you, Wally." Megan assured- she had used her telekinesis to keep Wally from hitting the ground. He was crouched up in a ball, his head between his knees and his hands wrapped around the back of the head. When he noticed that he hasn't hit the floor he opened his ball.
"Ohh. Thanks." He said with mild embarrassment.

      "I would have thought you had all learned your limitations by now." An agitating voice chimed in.
"What. Do you. Want?!" Aqualad questioned loudly, stepping out in front of the rest of us.
"Isn't it obvious? I'm waiting for a real hero." I rolled my eyes.
"I wasn't aware of an age limit to be a real hero!" I snapped as Twister began to fly up into the air.
"Read his mind. Find a weakness." Aqualad commanded of Megan. His ability to remain cool, calm and collected now seemed to be compromised. I've only seen him like this a handful of times and believe me when I say it's scary.

     "I thought I wasn't supposed to do that." Megan stated with confusion holding up her index finger as if she wrote pointing it out.
"It's ok with the bad guys." Robin exasperated with his arms out and eyebrows furrowed. I wasn't sure how much of her ignorance the team could take before she waited too long to do something and we all ended up dead.
"Nothing. I'm getting nothing." She admitted sadly yet loudly over the racket the noisy winds were causing.