July 21st, 10:17a.m.

I was in the Manor's library reading a book on Santa Prisca so I could have a little background knowledge on the little island in northern Mexico that the team was going to for a recon mission. I was seated in a very comfortable black leather chair at a spruce wood desk.

        "Hey, Dolls!" A boyish voice greeted with an obvious voice crack at my nickname. I turned around to look at him with a huge smile while subtlety switching out the textbook for a magazine.
"What?" I giggled. His cheeks became red and he looked down at his feet as he began to make his way over to the black seat opposite of me. He cleared his throat and tried again.
"H-hey, Dolls. What are you reading?" I bit my lip to hold hold back another chuckle, and showed my weekly edition of Teen Magazine.

         "It's talking about 'Bruce Wayne's true reason for taking in a girl as his new ward'." I snorted with a roll of my eyes.
"You've got to be kidding." He said angrily while searching the shelf in the geographic section. I shook my head and returned to the magazine.
"It says right here:

    Dolores Johnson-Wayne, female ward of billionaire Bruce Wayne, has been spotted with abnormal bruising and extreme injuries that have to be more than the pure clumsiness she insists on.
"She misses a lot of school. And when she does come she's always so worn out and injured in some way." A school official, whom shall remain nameless, stated when asked about the young lady.

       The young boy, Richard Grayson, has also been reported to have excessive injuries as well, but he is reportedly not as clumsy as Dolores claims she is. Which raise the question: Is Bruce Wayne abusive?"

           I finished the paragraph with wide eyes and a struggled voice. I looked up at Dick who was still standing at the geography shelf. He had clenched fists and his breathing was forcefully slow.
"I-it's just the media right? I mean no one could really believe Bruce would do that? Right?" I asked as I began biting my pinky nail. He shook his head then turned back to the shelf, obviously not able to focus on his search.
"What are you looking for?"
"The History of Santa Prisca and it's Inhabitants." He stroked the spine of a dark green book but then shook his head.

          I took the maroon book out from behind me and handed it to him.
"What were you doing with this?" Dick questioned as he opened it and flipped through the pages.
"What do you mean by that?!" I defended.
"I-I just mean..."
"What do you want with it?" I inquired trying to make him be the one to drop the topic.
"School project." He responded quickly.
"Me too." I answered knowing he couldn't contradict me without ratting himself out.