castle.

In the fortress that had been built

I roam across the courtyard

The memories of you like the peace flag on the top

We had been roaming in this wilderness for too long

Behind the castle were you

And I in the front

What we didn't know was how this silence could fill the space in our hearts.

Captive I were in your world,

And you? Were you held as the prisoner of war?

Or were you ruling another land?

What had I been longing for so long

Was it to be by your side as a queen

Or just remain as a guard on the way to your heart?

Shattered will you hand it to me,

Or clothed beautifully just beating for me?

However your heart maybe,

I put forth my hands to cherish it forever.

But again, were I guard, queen or captive

In your fortress?

And if I were your queen,

Don't decorate me with the rubies scattered beneath your feet,

Don't adorn me with diamonds,

Just remove the façade of the mighty man,

And I shall forever be by your side.

But the moment you let out the demons

And would punish me like the guard of yours

Just for protecting your heart from shattering into a million pieces,

Know that I'm no more here for you as a free woman,

But a captive in the fortress of false promises

And fake poetic lines.

And I don't love you. Not anymore.

And I won't hate you, but will wait for demons to reside,

And if not I'll spend my time hating the part of me that can never hate you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this isn't like any other poem of mine. Firstly, I posted this here because, for some reason, it had captured me in a different manner. 

But I want you to take away a message from this, I know how it is to wait around the corner for someone to love you, this need not be romantic love. Not necessarily. We all seek different forms of love, and It is quite natural. 

Not everyone in your life may let you enter the castle of their hearts, some will build walls to stay protected. If you truly love someone, (in cases of love for marriage), then do everything in the right manner and seek their approval. After marriage, it isn't going to be all blissful, rather you'll have to work on breaking the walls of the other as well as yours. You have to stay patient and deal with it gently. You don't have to end this, with patience, you both will have a beautiful life. 

But there is a limit to everything, sometimes love can be quite senseless, and we keep ignoring the signs of being unwanted. If you are someone who is on the way to seek approval of another who is constantly ignoring you and is being rude, then before things go further, you must stop letting all the guards down. Nobody has the right to rip off your dignity, and you will not BEG all the time. If they show their worst side to you and treat you like a piece of nothingness, stay careful. Stay careful, and wait for them to come around. Don't go and try and beg and ruin your heart. Take care of your heart. You must take care of your heart, and it is your who must control and protect it. Love the other wholeheartedly, but know your place. Don't lose yourself in the tears of sorrow that he/she has left behind. 

Try your best and leave it to Allah. Please Him first, then others. Guard your heart. Guard it.