Chapter sixty-one

Olivia's POV

Seeing his dark eyes peer at me while he's nibbling to drink faster, I engraved every little lift, crook and cranny of my little son.

I continued to touch his face, just staring at him so I knew this was real, his eyes close and he stops nibbling for a while, like he's enjoying my touch.

It's making me smile, even laughing lightly out of joy.

"I love you so much." I whispered as he begins to suck again, I can hear his fast breathing and how he doesn't look like he's any time wanting to stop getting fed. His eyes have closed now. "They forget about mummy, but you didn't, right little sunshine?" My eyes twinkle with unshed tears that were forming again.

Then I'm pulled out of this beautiful moment when the door opens abruptly.

"Haven't I told you, you should wait-" His velvet voice is scolding the nurse, but catches himself.

My gaze had snapped to him, seeing an out of breath Zayn, who had slid on the floor slightly to stop his running.

His big eyes bulge further, he takes calming breaths, just watching us there, relief in his posture and I stare at him gently. I wouldn't be able to imagine what he must have been through. And I have missed him so.

Zayn's POV

Seeing her awake after two months of not knowing if she will ever, was unbelievable.

Two months of our baby spending it in a incubator, then I had to take care of him as I had promised Liv I would. Clair helped me as well, but I wanted to do it by myself.

I hadn't resent Liv, I just wanted her to be beside me, so I did my best not to put my sorrow on our innocent child.

To have this sight, my family before me was the best I've ever felt.

The doctor said they'd try waking her up today again, and would bring the baby to her so she'd have a reason to open her eyes for as well. Mother instinct and the bond she has with the baby would be helpful, as they have stopped giving her heavy medications. It was hard for me to believe it, I almost lost hope. I found myself in late night drives without a destination. Every time they tried she wouldn't wake up...

She looks as white as a sheet, but the colour returns on her face the more she held and spends her time with our baby.

She smiled at me, "I won't bite." She teased, for some reason I was stuck on watching this scene. It's not as easy for me to just go with this as it comes because of how she barely survived. I thought I'd never hear her voice, look her in the eyes, have her hug me, kiss me.

Get a fuckïng grip. My subconscious hissed at me.

Blinking rapidly, I take cautious steps, then sit on the chair next to the bed.

She laughed lightly, my chest dissolves right then. "Zayn, come closer." She murmured, touching my hand, I look down at our entwined hands then up to her eyes that are now cast to our little son in her arms. Was this for real? "What's wrong?" She stares at me then, her hand trailing up to my cheek.

I shook my head, feeling myself shake from the nervousity in me, "I...nothing. I just need a moment."

Her azure eyes become rounder, "How long was I..." She trailed off quietly. Immediately, I look down.

I wasn't sure if I should tell her or not, the doctors told me to be careful with this as she'd become sad if she knows that our baby hadn't had the chance to feel her presence until now. I wouldn't tell what he had to go through either.