Chapter 14- Teenage Dream

"Hey, what are you doing tonight? Do you wanna catch a movie?" Blaine asked as he lazily hung his legs on Phil's lap.

Phil was uncomfortable but said nothing. Instead, he just shifted around awkwardly on the couch every so often, which Blaine didn't seem to notice. "I wish I could, but I gotta go down to the bar at 6:00."

"Ooh, fun."

"But I've been meaning to ask you," Phil started, turning his body towards Blaine, when he put his feet back on the floor, "how would you feel about doing a gig there sometime?"

So Blaine said, "That would be awesome. Thanks!"

"Are you up for tonight? I'd pay you."

"You don't have to pay me," he rolled his eyes.

"What if I want to?"

"Then I would call you a psycho."

"Can I... pay you in food?"

Blaine laughed, and smirked a little. "You sly dog," he muttered, shaking his head.

"What?" Phil responded innocently, though he wore a smirk as well.

"If that's your way of asking, then yes, I will go out with you afterwards."

"Awesome."

"I love you," Blaine blurted out, almost like he was in a fog.

It slipped out before it even registered in his mind. Like his soul knew something his body and his mind didn't know yet. Like word vomit.

They sat in silence, their eyes meeting and Blaine's heart thumping loudly inside of his chest, for only his ears to hear while he anxiously awaited an answer.

And then it came in four simple words that meant everything: "I love you too."

They smiled at each other: Blaine, out of relief but both of them, out of happiness.

"So uh... tonight?" Blaine stammered, breaking the quiet, and starting to stand up.

"Tonight-" Phil confirmed, "wait where are you going?"

"I have to get ready and invite Kurt cause he'd definitely want to be there. I'll see you later- 6:00 right? Okay, bye! Love you!"

And then Blaine was out the door.

~~~

He opened the door hesitantly, and immediately got hit with the smell of their home. Weird, Blaine thought, I never thought our apartment smelled like anything...

It was only because he hadn't been there in a week that he'd noticed the scent. The unfamiliarity of the area changed him, but he quickly got used to it.

"Kurt! I'm home!" he yelled, locking the door behind him.

Kurt emerged from his bedroom, when he threw up his hands and looked towards the sky. "He's alive! Thank God, thank heavens! He has returned!"

"Oh, shut it," Blaine smiled, and kicked off his shoes. "Hey so Phil said I could perform at his bar tonight, just a little something, and I don't know if you're busy or anything tonight but..."

"I'm sorry. I'm busy." Kurt was quick to respond, and with a straight face too. Not guilt, no sympathy, no sign of feelings at all. Didn't he care that he'd be missing something that was important to Blaine? He wouldn't have asked if it wasn't important. Didn't he know that.

"Oh... " Blaine tried to blush it off like it was nothing, "Okay you can just come to my next one."

"I'm actually busy for the next 70 years. I'm big on planning ahead. But if you're still feeling up to it, how about in 2087?"

"You're an idiot," he muttered.

Kurt mouthed, 'Who, me?' and put a hand to his chest in mock hurt. Blaine ignored him.

"I'm gonna get ready. We leave at 5:30. Don't make me wait for you!" He called as he walked down the hallway, but laughing as soon and he knew Kurt wouldn't see. Can't have Blaine encouraging him, can we?

~~~

"Good luck, babe. You're gonna do great." Phil pressed a quick kiss to Blaines lips over the counter before he continued up on stage.

Nobody paid attention to him up there, and it wasn't even a nerve-racking situation. There were bright lights in his eyes, there wasn't a critic writing a review for the New York Times. Just him, a stage, a piano, and a microphone.

Blaine looked out into the audience, where he caught Kurt's eye. He smiled once he realized Blaine noticed him, and put up two thumbs up. Blaine couldn't help but smile to that.

"My first song is for anyone who knows what it feels like to love." Blaine said into his mic. A few people glanced up, but most continued to drink and flirt with the other men. "I am lucky enough to have two people in my life that I care so much about. So this one's for you guys, you know who you are."

He sat down at the old piano in the middle of the stage that he was sure hadn't been used in years, and let his fingers do all the work.

From the first note, Kurt knew what song it was.

You think I'm pretty without any make-up on
You think I'm funny when I tell the punch line wrong
I know you get me, so I let my walls come down, down

It was the song Blaine sang with his show choir in sophomore year a cappella. The same day when Kurt's friends sent him to go spy on that school, and didn't imagine that he'd come home with a lifelong friend.

Before you met me, I was all right
But things were kinda heavy, you brought me to life
Now every February you'll be my valentine, valentine

The day that they'd met on the staircase, and introduced themselves to each other with no prior knowledge whatsoever, when Blaine didn't hate him because he was gay. Because Blaine was gay too, and that didn't matter anyways.

Let's go all the way tonight
No regrets, just love
We can dance until we die
You and I, will be young forever

That same day, Kurt made his first real friend. Or at least found someone that actually understood who he was.

You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream
The way you turn me on, I can't sleep
Let's run away and don't ever look back
Don't ever look back

Blaine sang that song the first day they met in sophomore year, and again when they were all grown up, though everything was so much different in a gay bar in New York.

Even through everything, all of the losses, the drama, the boyfriends, the fights- through everything... Blaine would always be Kurt's teenage dream.

Not because he was hopelessly in love with Blaine, but because Blaine saved him.

Hey, everyone! I know I don't post often (sorry about that) so I decided to make a posting schedule! It is as follows:

For Him- Monday
Not As Strong As You Think- Friday
Hello, I'm Kurt Hummel- whenever I get around to it

You're welcome.

Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!