Chapter 15- End of An Era

Flashbacks are obviously in italics. Happy reading!

Kurt tried to ignore Phil waiting at the door on moving day, tapping his foot annoyingly and impatiently, and focus on his goodbyes.

It only took Blaine a week to officially move out of their apartment and into Phil's. But Blaine looked happy, so he was happy, or rather he was happy that Blaine was happy, but he wasn't necessarily happy at his life in general. Blaine was, though. At least Blaine was happy.

"So," Blaine smiled, looking around at the place where he used to live. "This is it, huh? The end of an era."

~~~~

"This is going to be so fun!" Kurt screamed, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet, "Best friends conquer New York. I like the sound of that."

It was a different time then. Both of them had dreams and ambitions, both of them got into college, yet only one would graduate. Kurt looked forward to his first day at NYADA and Blaine at NYU, and neither of them thought that New York would be anything other than what they imagined it would be. A lot has changed for them, but mostly for Kurt.

"It's like an idea for a clichéd play," Blaine answered, walking around what would be their living room for 8 years and imagining everything that would be made of it.

At the time he couldn't imagine all of the things that would happen in that room, in the small area he was walking around. He didn't know how many times he would cry there, like when Kurt told him how he'd sold his body for money the night for the first time to support his father. Blaine didn't know how many laughs either, or the number of times they'd invited their high school glee club over for a little reunion whenever people were in town. So much happened in the room that he didn't see yet.

"Or a romantic comedy," Kurt added.

"Romantic?"

Kurt rolled his eyes a scoffed, "You sound like Puck." It was only hours since he'd left his hometown, and he realized how much he missed everyone already, even the jock with the ugly Mohawk who was a hardcore shipper of 'Klaine'.

"True."

"Platonic comedy," he suggested.

"Makes more sense. Hey, what time was the moving truck supposed to be here?" Blaine asked, just now getting out of his head and realizing that the entire apartment was empty except for them and their carry-ons.

"7:00. Shoot, what time is it now?"

"8:30... Maybe they're just running late."

"...I'm going to call them."

Kurt took out his cell phone and quickly found the number to the moving company that should've brought their stuff to them almost two hours before. He put his hand to his hip while he held the phone to his ear, demanding answers.

"What do you mean you're not going to be here until tomorrow?" Kurt yelled, waiting for an apology that he would turn down immediately, "No, I don't want a-... It better be... Goodbye." He angrily pressed the end button and shoved the phone back into his pocket. "Some idiot thought that we'd said August 17th instead of 16th."

"Are you serious?" Blaine rolled his eyes, "What now?"

"Now we eat. Because if I don't eat I'm gonna get hangry."

"And you don't like him when he's hangry," Blaine laughed, walking out of the door and holding it for Kurt.

"No you don't."

When they walked back through the doors, they were holding a pizza box and paper cups, for their first official meal of New York. It was eaten on the floor and savored with every bite, because clearly neither of them had eaten real pizza, because Dominos and Pizza Hut didn't count.

"I would like to propose a toast," Blaine said, holding up his cup and smiling at Kurt, "to coming to New York, the city where dreams come true, and for new beginnings."

"To the city that is not Lima, Ohio!"

"And to the city where the pizza is adequate."

"To the beginning of an era."

And with that, they clinked cups filled with Dr. Pepper and Sprite on the dusty floor of their apartment, and celebrated.

~~~~

"The end of an era," Kurt repeated, smiling but not meaning it.

"You know, I won't be that far away."

"And you'll be home for Monday night dinners. With Phil, I'm sure."

"Huh?" Phil said, hearing his name and looking up from his phone, "Oh yeah, Mondays. Come on, Blaine, it's time to go."

Blaine stood where he was, "Are you sure you can handle the rent by yourself? I'm happy to help you out if you need it-"

"I'm sure. I won't need to sleep with anyone, if that's what you're asking."

Blaine was the one to reach out and pull Kurt in first, putting his arms underneath and ducking his head low. The hug was lasting a long time, and longer than it should've lasted, but neither of them cared. It was Blaine who got teary-eyed, surprisingly, and when Kurt heard him sniff, he only held on tighter.

"You're going to be fine without me," Kurt said into his ear. "You know that, right?"

Blaine shook his head as they started to let go. "You thought I was crying because I was going to miss you? I was just imagining what it'll smell like here now that I won't be here to clean for you. Disgusting."

Both of them knew that's not why he was crying.

Before you say anything, yes, this is a Klaine fanfic, and no, I'm not sadistic and trying to ruin your OTP. I have huge plans (I have to stop saying that and make it happen) which will come soon. Don't give up, Klainers. There's hope. I should stop spoiling it.

Anyways, I post on this story every Monday so stay tuned!!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!