Week 27//Part 2 - I Used to Know You So Well . . ., Part 2

Song of the chapter on side :) >>>>>>>>>>>

__________________________________________________________________________________

                                                       September 1st, 2011

                                                          “Cast Meeting”

*A/N: Just a fair warning, I don't know a lot about LA and I might not have a lot of time to research it in the next couple days. So please excuse any completely made up names or details for things. But hey, isn't that what FanFiction's all about? ;) Haha, enjoy! P.S.--I'm going to be calling the cast members by their characters' names since I'm an idiot and don't know what the actors who played the characters in the actual game's names are. Please enjoy my stupidity*

                  Paramount Pictures Film Set (Los Angeles, California), just arriving, around . . . 2:30pm

After my taxi dropped me off, I paid the driver and made my way to the entrance. The sun was basically punching me in the face, so I was already sweating a little. A security guy at the gate stopped me by putting his hand out widely in front of me.

“Name, please?” he asked in a deep, low voice. I was a little taken aback, but I straightened up and handed him my ID.

“Ka—Margaret Cook,” I answered as I took my ID in his hand. He nodded and handed it back to me.

“Ah, you're the star of that LA Noire movie, eh?” he asked. I nodded with a polite smile. “You know you didn't have to get out of your taxi to come through the gate, right?”

Flushing, I just shrugged, hiding my slight embarrassment. “Eh, I needed to stretch my legs. It was a long flight.”

“Uh huh,” he said distrustingly, opening up the gate. I swallowed hard and walked through, clasping my hands behind my back. My feet met pavement and I saw various people moving large pieces of what looked like various sets around. I saw what looked like a fake street and noticed the 40s look to it.

“This is my stop,” I said with a smile to myself. I walked onto the paved street set and saw cast members dressed in 40s getup and 40s cars spread out across the street. I smiled to myself again.

“Hey!” I voice clipped from next to me. My head whipped to my left to see a guy dressed in jeans and a black and white checkerboard shirt with the sleeves rolled up. He pushed his sunglasses up to the top of his head and extended his hand with a smile. “I'm David Reece, I'll be the director for LA Noire. You must be our leading lady!”

“That I am,” I answered David, shaking his hand. “I gotta ask, why didn't you go with a male lead?”

“Oh, I can't count how many crime dramas staring men I've seen in the last five years alone,” he laughed. I answered his laugh with a smile. “We decided to go with a female lead to kind of break the cycle.”

“Oh, well why not somebody like Angelina Jolie or Minka Kelly?” I asked. “You know . . . an actress?”

He waved me off and led my by my arm as he walked. “Well, Mr. Levesque called us up when he found out the role was being cast and he insisted upon considering strongly you when you auditioned.”

“Wait, he knew I was going to audition?” I asked, confused.

“Oh, yes,” David answered. “That man scares me sometimes.”

“Oh, he scares everyone.”

We approached a bunch of trailers. David led me to one with my name on the door.