Chapter 4: Last Night?

Lauren's POV:

My head is killing me. Waking up is the hardest thing ever! I hate the light, I hate alcohol, I hate my freaking brain. I look around my room, where's Camila? My phone buzzes, who's George?

From: George

Hey pretty girl, I had a good time last night. When can I see you again?

Oh, George! Smoking hot George! How could I forget! So, he's interested? Nice, good job Lauren. But, I decided I'm not drinking again, like ever! Why do memories keep popping? Damn, I puked my soul last night and Camila was there, and I'm mad at Normani for some reason. "Good morning sunshine!" Camila walks into our room with two Starbucks in her hands. "There's nothing good about this morning." I groan and sink my head in my pillow. Camila laughs and sits on my bed. She starts brushing my hair with her fingers and hands me a coffee. "Why are you so good to me?" I ask her staring into her eyes. Her lips look incredibly soft right now. "Because you're my best friend and I love you Jauregui, why would you even ask me that?" She says while she keeps playing with my hair. "I don't know, sometimes I feel like I don't deserve you!" I tell her while sipping on my coffee. "Come on Lauren, you are an amazing friend! You would help me throw up if I ever came home drunk." She says and giggles. I smile and she winks at me while she stands up and walks out of the room. "Wait Camz, where are you going?" Why is she leaving me? "The girls are having breakfast downstairs and they're waiting for me. I didn't think you'd want to come." She answers looking at me. Why does she look so pretty today? "I want to come with you! Wait a second, please!" I get out of bed, put on some sweats and a shirt and walk out of the room with Camila. Without even realizing how it happened we are holding hands, I guess we always do.

Camila's POV:

I can't believe Lauren hasn't asked me about my date with Austin, I guess she's just really tired. She looked so miserable throwing up last night, I felt so bad for her. I guess she has a hard time with drinking. Holding her hand and holding Austin's hand is so different. Austin's hand is so big and strong. Lauren's hand is delicate and soft, but somehow I feel safer holding her hand. It feels so right. Why do I keep having these weird thoughts? "What's on your mind Camzi, you haven't said a word in a while." Lauren asks smiling, her eyes deeply staring into mine. "You're eyes are way too pretty..." I say, realizing I just thought out loud, damn I'm stupid! Lauren giggles and looks at the floor. When we arrived at the dining room where the girls were Lauren stops walking and lets go of my hand. "What happened Lauren?" She's looking at their table angrily. "Normani..." She whispers groaning. "What happened with Normani?" I ask, I'm so confused right now. And then I realize I haven't asked her about her night either, I'm the worst friend ever. Lauren's eyes are on fire, what happened between her and Mani? "Hey Lo, we can have breakfast in our room if you want to, we'll catch up with the girls later." I say trying to comfort her, but she just nods.

Lauren's POV:

Normani is a horrible friend, that's it, I fucking said it. "Lauren can you please talk to me? I hate to see you like this." Camila says looking at my eyes, if she only knew how much she means to me. I smiled lightly, Camz was just trying to help me. "So, Normani and I got to this club and we started drinking, and hot ass George asked me to dance, then I started feeling dizzy and I wanted to go home, but Normani didn't so I came but my self and..." Camila interrumpted my venting. "Wait, wait, wait! You came home drunk and alone last night? Something could've happened to you! Why didn't you call me?" Camila looks worried, and I hate that. "I don't know, it was very late and I didn't want to wake you up." I answer biting my lip. Camila hugs me and whispers in my ear. "Please promise me the next time something like this happens you will call me, you won't even think about waking me up, just call me, okay?" I nod and smile, she's such a great friend. "Now tell me about this George guy, should I be jelaous?" She says lifting her eyebrows, she's so cute when she does that. But, why would she be jelaous? "Just a guy I danced with, he texted me this morning too." I was hoping to see anger or sadness in her face, but instead she smiled big time. "My bestie's got game! Nice job, Jauregui!" She says and pinches my cheeks. That's when I remember about her date with Austin, I hadn't asked her about it! "Oh my God, Camzi I suck, I'm sorry! I totally forgot about your date! Please tell me everything about it." I say holding her hands, I'm a shitty friend. "Don't worry about it Lo, I bet you had a lot in your mind." She answers smiling sweetly. "He picked me up in a limo and took me to this fancy restaurant. We had an amazing conversation, and his eyes Lolo, they're the prettiest! I just can't! He's so charming and sweet, I think I'm in love." My heart shatters to pieces. And I don't even know why, its so hard to understand my brain lately. I thought she liked my eyes, not his. Why aren't I happy for her? I nod and smile listening to the rest of the story, I hope she doesn't realize how much she's actually hurting me. But, why? I don't like girls. "And then he walked me to our room and said goodnight." She ends up saying, I hate how her eyes sparkle when she talks about him. "So, did it happen? Did he kiss you?" I ask staring at her soft lips. If he did then I'm done, seriously I won't be able to handle it. "No, it didn't feel right." She answers and smiles. "But, I really like him Lo, this could be something." She sighs smilings and lays her head on my lap. I have to be happy for her, even if it breaks my heart.

Camila's POV:

Damn it, I hate lying to her! I mean, I like Austin, he's cool, but in love with him? Hell no! I don't even know why I told Lauren that. I guess I was just trying to sound interesting. And, who's this George guy anyways? She was really drunk last night, I'm sure it didn't mean anything. But, what if it did? Am I going to lose my best friend? Suddenly I feel a buzz under my head. "Sorry Camz, that's my phone!" Lauren says and l sit straight. "Why is Normani calling me? I don't want to talk to her ever again!" She throws her phone on the bed angrily and I can see pain in her eyes. "Just talk to her Lauren, she must feel horribly!" I tell her holding her hand. "I know, and I hate being the one causing drama between us, but what am I suppoused to do Camz? Just forget?" She says looking deep into my eyes as a tear runs softly down her cheek. I wipe it off with my thumb and hug her like I've never done before. "She made a mistake baby, we all do sometimes. I'm sure she'll never do it again. I hate to see you crying Lauren, please stop." I tell her while playing gently with her hair. She forces a smile, she looks so beautiful right now. "Lauren, I know you hate me right now, but please talk to me, would you?" We hear Normani say outside our door. She walks in and sits on the bed next to us. "I'm so sorry Lo, you have no idea how much I hate myself for leaving you alone. I was stupid and drunk, and I promise I'll never, ever do it again." She adds looking at us. Lauren smiles at her and they hug eachother. I hear her whisper something into Mani's ear and they laugh, I guess everything is alright again. "Well I'm going to take a shower, I'm a mess right now." Lauren says while walking to the bathroom. "Thanks for everything Camz, I love you and owe you big time!" She adds smiling and then leaves the room. Water runs and I hear her mumbling a song. "Well, I better go too, Dinah and Ally are waiting for me." Normani says and walks to the door. "Wait, Normani! Just because Lauren forgave you it doesn't make it okay. You were a bitch last night, and you're lucky nothing happened to her, because otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation. You would be so dead to me you would never see my face again." I feel my cheeks burning up. Normani looks scared at me, nods lightly and walks away. I don't know what took over me, I just love Lauren too much.